Apple Store app vs. Express Checkout

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dannyyankou, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

I'm personally going to use the App and use Apple Pay to checkout. I won't use Apple's website, and I can't find a way to use express checkout in the app.

2. jonhoy macrumors member

Now I'm confused, what are the ways to check out via the Apple Store App? Isn't Apple Pay only for physical retailers? I've never used Apple Pay nor have I ever purchased anything from the Apple Store App so I'm a bit in the dark on this.

3. dannyyankou thread starter macrumors 603

dannyyankou

Forgot about Apple Pay! My iPhone doesn't have it, but my iPad does. I'll be using this option.

4. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

You can use Apple Pay in the Apple Store app. Once you get to checkout, there is a button on the bottom that says"Pay with :apple: Pay"

5. dannyyankou thread starter macrumors 603

dannyyankou

You can use Apple Pay in apps that support it.

6. jonhoy macrumors member

Okay, as opposed to paying via credit card? My account already has my CC information so what's the difference?

7. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

If you have an iPhone 6/6+ or iPad Air 2/ Mini 3, you get the option of using Apple Pay. Instead of having to confirm shipping addresses and the like, I think it just pays and confirms checkout. Someone else back me up on this as I am not 100% sure.

8. kovey macrumors 6502a

Apple pay instantly makes the purchase upon you placing your finger on the touch sensor at checkout. There is no hassle with choosing payment methods or shipping addresses, although you still have the option of choosing a different one, just not entering a new one all together. It goes to your default card and address you've previously selected in settings - Apple pay.