Apple Store App worked great

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bassjunky, Oct 7, 2011.

1. bassjunky macrumors regular

Just FYI, I woke up at 4:30am CST, used the Apple Store app on my iP4, upgraded one of my lines to the iP4S (ATT) and it worked great! I was back asleep within 5 minutes.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I wanted to try it, but I was nervous
    I used the website with no issue
    But glad to know it worked flawlessly

3. c5ride macrumors member

Same here, worked like a charm when I woke up for work. Expected it to be sluggish, but surprisingly, it wasn't.

4. offcamber macrumors 6502

offcamber

Not so smooth for those of us online at 2:59am to 3:40am EST.
    All pre-order options were late to open.
    Should have done what you did!

5. Type X macrumors regular

I stayed up all night till about 4:40 and said F it and went to bed ( had to be up at 6:30 for work)

Rolled out of bed, grabbed iphone & went to the app store app, 2 seconds and flew right through.. ::mad: lol

Same with my mom in New Mexico, called her after i got mine & she ordered a 4s using the app.

Could have gotten a good night sleep but whatever.
    She was happy that the phone was SUPER simplified vs the AT&T confusing site.

6. bassjunky thread starter macrumors regular

I did initially wake up at 2:30am but the app said the store was down temporarily. I wasn't too surprised, so I gave it a couple of hours, then no problems.

Definitely a lot smoother this year, at least for me. Last year, I tried all day to pre-order, only to finally submit a completed order successfully in the evening. Servers were definitely bogged down last year.

7. los318 macrumors 6502

los318

yeah, when the servers when up for me, at 3:40AM CST, the Apple Store App worked great!! It was easy and swift. Only way to go for purchases in the future.

8. Macman74 macrumors member

I did the EXACT same thing! Got my phone ordered at about 6:30am EST and now I'm full of low-carb Monster and 5 hour energy. I'm more pissed now that I lost 2.5 hours of much needed S-L-E-E-P!!!!!!!!! :mad:

9. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

Yeah, did that at 6:30 am actually.
    Wasn't going to buy, but with that instant sale on ebay it cost me 194 total, so all in all not a bad deal.

Took about 2 minutes tops. Email arrived about 30 min later.
    Done-

10. bigscotal macrumors 6502

bigscotal

Used the App to preorder mine this morning at about 11am, UK time.

No problems, no fuss, all done in 5 minutes. Confirmation mail received and all systems go.

:)

11. mom333 macrumors regular

Didn't work for me. I tried from 4 a.m. EST to 5:30 a.m. EST - back and forth between the Apple Store APP, the AT&T website and Apple website. Finally I got through via AT&T a little past 5:30. I was glad I didn't set the alarm for 3! In hindsight, I wish I just waited until my normal wakeup time for work and ordered then. I'm going to be dragging @$$ all day. The headache already set in. On the plus side - who cares - one week from today I'll have a new phone in my hands! VERY excited here! Bye bye 3GS - it's been fun, but there's a new toy in town! :p:apple:

12. bendrumin macrumors 6502

The only issue I had was that when I hit checkout, it would be a never ending loop. It would say "Loading" then ask for my password, then back to the checkout screen. It eventually worked though, quite easy. A little upset that they dont have applecare+ on the phone store though..

13. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

I woke up at 8:00 est and ordered a 32gb from the app and it took about 30 seconds. I wasn't even that set on getting a 4S right away but it was so simple I couldn't help it.

14. NashMan2 macrumors regular

Used the app, 7:45am central. Worked great. Confirmation email within seconds.

15. youssefm macrumors 6502

I used the app and it was flawless. I used it as soon as the pre order pages opened, which was around 3:40am est? Flew right through the process and got a confirmation a few minutes later :)