Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bassjunky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Texas
Just FYI, I woke up at 4:30am CST, used the Apple Store app on my iP4, upgraded one of my lines to the iP4S (ATT) and it worked great! I was back asleep within 5 minutes.

c5ride

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2010
Same here, worked like a charm when I woke up for work. Expected it to be sluggish, but surprisingly, it wasn't.

offcamber

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
USA
Not so smooth for those of us online at 2:59am to 3:40am EST.
All pre-order options were late to open.
Should have done what you did!

Type X

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2010
I stayed up all night till about 4:40 and said F it and went to bed ( had to be up at 6:30 for work)

Rolled out of bed, grabbed iphone & went to the app store app, 2 seconds and flew right through.. ::mad: lol

Same with my mom in New Mexico, called her after i got mine & she ordered a 4s using the app.

Could have gotten a good night sleep but whatever.
She was happy that the phone was SUPER simplified vs the AT&T confusing site.

bassjunky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Texas
I did initially wake up at 2:30am but the app said the store was down temporarily. I wasn't too surprised, so I gave it a couple of hours, then no problems.

Definitely a lot smoother this year, at least for me. Last year, I tried all day to pre-order, only to finally submit a completed order successfully in the evening. Servers were definitely bogged down last year.

los318

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
Austin, Tx
yeah, when the servers when up for me, at 3:40AM CST, the Apple Store App worked great!! It was easy and swift. Only way to go for purchases in the future.

Macman74

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2010
I stayed up all night till about 4:40 and said F it and went to bed ( had to be up at 6:30 for work)

Rolled out of bed, grabbed iphone & went to the app store app, 2 seconds and flew right through.. ::mad: lol

I did the EXACT same thing! Got my phone ordered at about 6:30am EST and now I'm full of low-carb Monster and 5 hour energy. I'm more pissed now that I lost 2.5 hours of much needed S-L-E-E-P!!!!!!!!! :mad:

bigscotal

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Used the App to preorder mine this morning at about 11am, UK time.

No problems, no fuss, all done in 5 minutes. Confirmation mail received and all systems go.

:)

mom333

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2011
Didn't work for me. I tried from 4 a.m. EST to 5:30 a.m. EST - back and forth between the Apple Store APP, the AT&T website and Apple website. Finally I got through via AT&T a little past 5:30. I was glad I didn't set the alarm for 3! In hindsight, I wish I just waited until my normal wakeup time for work and ordered then. I'm going to be dragging @$$ all day. The headache already set in. On the plus side - who cares - one week from today I'll have a new phone in my hands! VERY excited here! Bye bye 3GS - it's been fun, but there's a new toy in town! :p:apple:

bendrumin

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2009
Minneapolis
The only issue I had was that when I hit checkout, it would be a never ending loop. It would say "Loading" then ask for my password, then back to the checkout screen. It eventually worked though, quite easy. A little upset that they dont have applecare+ on the phone store though..

swindmill

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2005
KY
I woke up at 8:00 est and ordered a 32gb from the app and it took about 30 seconds. I wasn't even that set on getting a 4S right away but it was so simple I couldn't help it.

youssefm

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2008
I used the app and it was flawless. I used it as soon as the pre order pages opened, which was around 3:40am est? Flew right through the process and got a confirmation a few minutes later :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.