Apple Store at Rancho Cucamonga, CA Morining Line Issues

Discussion in 'iPad' started by vi2867, Mar 25, 2011.

1. vi2867 macrumors 6502

vi2867

Does anybody know if people are allowed to line up at the Rancho Cucmonga Apple Store.

Last Saturday morning I tried showing up at 4am to line up security made us leave, because people are not allow when the mall is closed. Finally, at 730am the Security was over whelmed and 50 people lined up and they were unable to make them leave.

The problem is that the earliest person was not in line first. The person who was the most aggressive. For example when I got there at 4am there were only 3 people in line. At 730am I was 25 in line. They only had 9 iPad 2"s.:(

I would like to know what time have people lined up the last recent days, and were they successful in getting an iPad 2?:D

2. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

Try your local Target first. You might have better luck there.

3. HasanDaddy macrumors 6502a

6 AM Fashion Island Apple Store - was able to score one

But yes - a lot of the malls will make you leave - honestly, order one online and bite your thumb for 4 weeks - not as bad as you think, brother :)

4. vi2867 thread starter macrumors 6502

vi2867

Here's what happened today.

I got to the Apple Store at Rancho Cucamonga, CA at 4am. There was one person in line since 2am. The security did not bother us and allowed us to be in line in front of the Apple Store. At about 7am the store manager came out and advised us that they had 10 Black 16GB Wi-Fi iPad 2's. There was about 40 people in line, and about 15 stayed after that.

I wanted a 3G AT&T, but at this point I will compromise and take the Wi-Fi only iPad 2. I am now proud owner of an iPad 2.:D

5. Bigchris macrumors member

Congrats, The Apple Store in Victoria Gardens is always crazy packed, glad you were able to pick one up.

6. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Congrats

7. CAWjr macrumors 6502

CAWjr

Congrats, but I still find it baffling that people are willing to settle for something that they didn't really want.

If you really wanted the 3G ATT version, why not wait? Or at least place an order online as a backup in case you can't find one before it gets shipped.

8. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty