Apple Store at Southdale (MN) Expanding

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ELMI0001, Apr 10, 2013.

1. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

why was it long overdue? you know what's overdue, an east metro store.

2. puma1552 macrumors 601

What's really overdue are more stores in the TC area that aren't in malls and are standalone stores in areas that are easy to access with good parking, note I'm excluding the uptown store with that criteria...we also need a more iconic store somewhere, all the ones in the TC are pretty crappy.

3. Toppa G's macrumors 6502

Where would you put a standalone store in the TC? I can't think of anywhere besides Uptown - downtowns Minneapolis and St. Paul are no longer excellent shopping areas, and who would want to be carrying a new Mac in downtown Minneapolis? :eek: ;) Maybe the West End could have a standalone store, but even that seems a stretch. The metro has enough decent malls that it makes more sense for Apple to use those for retail locations rather than build a standalone.

I do agree that the west metro has it's share of Apple stores - even Maple Grove is probably close enough to Ridgedale that one is not necessary there.

It seems like Woodbury might be able to justify a store as the retail zone there continues to grow, but I don't know enough about the east metro to know where else an Apple store might locate.