Apple Store (B&M) Question

shadowx

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ
Hypothetical Situation:

I walk into an Apple Store with an unopened stock MBP (bought 10 days ago) with a receipt (gift receipt??). I tell the cashier that I received this as a gift and would like to exchange it for Apple Store gift cards -

Would they let me do that?

agentphish

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2004
most likely they will give you a "store credit" card... I work at a retailer where we have giftcards and then we have "gear credit" where the gear credit is used for returns on items for those folks who want a store credit.

shadowx

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ
mduser63 said:
Probably as long as it's not opened at all. Why are you asking?
Well, I was given the gift of buying any notebook computer I wanted... that was back in April of '05...

I decided to wait until the WWDC in June '05 for the infamous Powerbook G5 announcement and instead got the PPC-->Intel bombshell! So, I've been waiting for revision "B" of the Intel notebooks, but my very patient parents have finally given me a deadline. So, the plan is to let them buy me a stock MBP and then return it for store credit / gift cards to use once Apple gets with the program :rolleyes:

So, your next question is probably why don't my parents just give me the money to buy it when I'm ready... that information I can't disclose ;)

Thanks for the replies!