Apple Store Canada (down)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kdesign7, May 9, 2010.

1. kdesign7 macrumors 6502a

For all those Canucks out there that are waiting tirelessly for the AppleStore to take pre-Orders for the iPad, the wait is almost near. I've been checking the Apple Store (On the Cdn site) for the last few hours every so often, and as of 2:50am, the site is now "We'll be back soon!" which leads me to believe they will be rolling out the Pre-Orders very shortly!

2. Zyniker macrumors 6502

3. kdesign7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just noticed that myself,

Curious as to why the US store would be down? I mean, the USA has had both versions now for a lil bit, so... I dunno! :) Either wait, Im stoked!

4. hohohong macrumors 6502a

5. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

6. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

Boring maintenance? Probably more likely for the US store.

7. kdesign7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok the CDN store is back up and ready for PREORDERS!

SIDE NOTE! - Apple iPad's 3g Service seems to ONLY be with ROGERS !!! Not impressed by no means!

*** The reason Im tick'd is, yes, I understand that Rogers is a great company and their services are great, but what people don't understand is that... ROGERS SUCKS the BIG ONE, in EastCoastCanada! Bell and Telus dominate with fantastic service, so... Im really HOPING That Bell/Telus pick up on some plans! ***
    [​IMG]

Ok, I did notice that the site says that MAY be other carriers, but at the time of the site's edit, Rogers seem to be the only one listed... but this doesn't MEAN it's just Rogers. That makes me a lil happier! :)

[​IMG]

8. Aydin macrumors member

Can't wait to pre-order mine in the Canadian store. I assume they'll ship it early so the postman can bring it to us on May 28? is that correct?

EDIT: I see now that it'll be delivered by the 28th!

9. imapfsr macrumors regular

imapfsr

Done and ordered. 64GB 3G!
    Now the waiting begins...and $35 for 5GB plan on Robers...not bad.

10. kdesign7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Do u have a case for it??? Im so TORN! So I want the Apple Case? OR not?!?

11. Redneck1089 macrumors 65816

Redneck1089

Just ordered my 64 GB 3G iPad. I'm impressed with Robbers' iPad plans. $35 isn't too bad for 5 GB!

I'm still not paying them a cent though. For $20 a month I can add the iPad to my existing data plan. Ha! I'm cutting my SIM down and using my micro-sim adapter that I just bought. I'm not paying extra for data I already have paid for and can't even come close to using per month.

12. kdesign7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

And my order is placed!

64Gb iPad WiFi + 3G

Now Im on the hunt for a case. I think Im liking the FLEX grip style.. anyone have a good suggestion?

13. idesign245 macrumors 6502

14. DopeyFish macrumors regular

did any of you get an email confirmation when you ordered the ipad? i ordered my case seperately and got a confirmation but not for my ipad

15. kdesign7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nop. I haven't gotten an email confirmation just yet! I'll post when I do! :D

16. Redneck1089 macrumors 65816

Redneck1089

Haven't received any confirmation yet.

17. Aydin macrumors member

YES! Finally ordered my 64GB WiFi iPad and the Apple case. I was really excited but also super-nervous because of spending that much money at once. I am also awaiting my confirmation email.

18. 3N16MA macrumors 65816

3N16MA

16GB WI-Fi ordered (yea students don't order top of the line like the rest of you :p). If it wasen't for wifi on campus I would order the 3G model but no point in that will all the wifi I get there and at at home.

19. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

Congrats to all the Canadians! I ordered my iPad earlier here in the UK, but am moving to Canada soon so interested to see the Rogers plans.

20. DopeyFish macrumors regular

btw apple spoiled rogers ipad plans

250MB per month $15.00
    5GB per month $35.00
    Add iPad to your existing Rogers data plan $20.00

apparently no contract (according to apple)

i wish the add ipad was $10 a month, but meh....better than nothing

21. nidserz macrumors 6502a

nidserz

Ordered 32GB WiFi + 3G! Can't wait.
    I am actually pleasantly surprised by the Rogers data prices, but am sure tons of people will complain.
    I personally like the $20 sharing ability as I have the 6GB plan and only use about 60mb a month.

I wonder if Canadian plans will be similar in terms of the US as in we can just add the 3G whenever we want and 30 days starts. I say this because I won't add the data until I'm out and realize "oh i wish i had data..."
    Also wonder if its prepaid and no hidden fees/taxes that get added on.
    Edit 2: "A range of data plans are available and most don’t require a contract."
    *Most*? I wonder if the add-on requires a contract...

Edit 1: just looked at my cart... $781.95. do they not charge taxes? when will I be charged taxes? thanks.

22. canadianipad macrumors regular

canadianipad

There are a number of people wondering if the $20 to add the iPad to a current data plan isn't just a one time fee. It really doesn't make it clear. If it is, then that's great. If it's per month then Rogers is really ripping us off. Why would I want to pay for more data that I'm already paying for on my iPhone.
    Although I guess Americans are already doing is.
    I'm sure we will hear more from Rogers later today.

23. nidserz macrumors 6502a

nidserz

Ok so I placed my order and used my e-mail address that is my Apple ID but since its for a US iTunes store, I didn't link the two. Thought I would be given an option to create a new apple ID, but apparently not.

Now I am checking my order status (with order #) and can't edit it... says to log in Apple ID to edit. However my Apple ID has no order associated. I am tempted to cancel and place another order associated with my Apple ID. what do you guys think? thanks.

24. HelveticaNeue macrumors 6502a

HelveticaNeue

I don't think it is a one time fee. Our business has its wireless plan through Rogers. Whenever we add a new phone to our shared data plan they charge us $20/month for that phone.

My advice. Just take it. It's actually not a bad deal. You save $15/month by not buying the bigger plan and AT&T doesn't even allow this in the States. At least they gave us the option.

25. nidserz macrumors 6502a

nidserz

Has anybody gotten a confirmation e-mail?
    Also, has anybody's credit card been charged? Mine hasn't... and I haven't seen any taxes on the invoice.
    Please update if you know/see any changes. I'll do the same.
    Thanks