Apple Store Clearance of 2.2 MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Etrain, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Etrain macrumors 6502

Etrain

The online Apple Store has the previous generation MBPs on clearance. With student discount, I would be looking at the 2.2 model for $1499.

I don't NEED one just yet, and planned on buying a clearance one in June after the next revision, however I don't know if maybe this clearance thing is not normal. Does Apple normally have items in the clearance? They don't have the past MB so that makes me curious. Also, its a long shot, but how likely is it for me to be able to apply the free Nano discount in June if they have the clearance models? Now that would be a real amazing savings! :D

Basically...does Apple normally list older versions on the clearance?

2. deniser macrumors 6502

deniser

Can you get student discount on clearance models ? I know you can't on refurbs

3. danzzz macrumors member

you know what, my school even put the 2.4ghz SR MBP on sale for $1499. sort of regret to buy the new penryn one...lol

4. Etrain thread starter macrumors 6502

Etrain

Yes, you get the student discount added to the clearance discount. The price is normally $1699 for the 2.2, but when I logged in as a student it dropped to $1499.

I'm going to wait until June when I get the free iPod discount and buy then.That way for only $150 more I can get the latest MBP and even order it with Glossy!!! :D

5. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

$1499 is an excellent deal!

Got mine for $1699 back in October (edu discount plus an extra 100 off at my Uni bookstore).