Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbmacfan

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
Sorry if I missed this as I tried searching and couldn't find the answer:

If you go to an apple store will they sell contract free iPhones from any of the carriers or is it limited to just T-Mobile? I know AT&T sold contract free phones through their site which I bought, but chase put a fraud alert on it and it got declined. I want to get an AT&T contract free phone, but I know Apple's online store only sold a T-Mobile contract free phone. Thanks.

jbmacfan

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
Sorry if I missed this as I tried searching and couldn't find the answer:

If you go to an apple store will they sell contract free iPhones from any of the carriers or is it limited to just T-Mobile? I know AT&T sold contract free phones through their site which I bought, but chase put a fraud alert on it and it got declined. I want to get an AT&T contract free phone, but I know Apple's online store only sold a T-Mobile contract free phone. Thanks.

Never mind I got my answer through my roommate who texted his friend that works in the Apple Store inventory department.

Supposedly they are selling contract free devices in store for not just T-Mobile, but at&t also. My roommate wants me to buy him a contract free at&t iPhone 6 space gray 128gb. I am getting an at&t iPhone 6 plus space gray (or any color available) 16gb for testing at work.

I am roughly 50th to 60th in line. The friend said the 128gb iPhone 6 should definitely still be available, but my best bet for iPhone 6 plus is an at&t space gray as most people will go for the gold or silver. Seems like they will have a decent amount of stock at our store of the 6 Plus. It is one of the flagship Apple stores.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.