Apple Store couldn't do ATT Next orders?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by generalsmart, Sep 14, 2014.

1. generalsmart macrumors regular

Hi,

Maybe I'm blind, but I've been looking over the forums to see if anyone had I similar as I did on preoorder night, and can't find another case.

I always prefer to order from Apple, but when I tried to order on the Apple Store app, it told me that they cannot do AT&T Next orders.

Anyone else have this problem?

2. cymolia macrumors 6502a

My wife ordered thru the applestore app on Fri @ 1p.m thru Next and it went thru fine

3. bigthanbigger macrumors regular

[​IMG]

i think u have to go apple store and wait long line on 19th to get it ,,, that what i gotta do too , but incase i ready for full price paid if they not allow to do that , but for sure they did have that option , i just confirm in apple store asking staff work their , they told me , they will work with att next for elligible upgrade with pick up pre order ,,,,apple store retailler have all ........

4. vivelafrance macrumors newbie

I was also told no Next by the apple store and no, I'm not in New York. It would have been nice if this was made clear as I waited for the apple app to finally load to try and order and then it wouldn't do Next. I then had to go back to the ATT website and now my estimated ship date is 11/27...

It seems the only people who could do Next via the apple store were new Next customers. I had my 5s through next so I think that's what may be ineligible.

5. derekgroves macrumors member

I've checked with Apple chat twice (for what that's worth) as well as called the Texas store I planned on camping at and all of the above have confirmed Next purchases can be processed in store.....except for NY. Can't speak to any pre-order situations though, this is just "walk in's" as I plan on camping.

6. bigthanbigger macrumors regular

like i said , if your apple store near you not accept ATT Next then print out like mine on top paper show to them ,,, they have to do it ,,,

if that way not work then ready for 700 cash or debit pay 1 times ,,, enjoin ...

[​IMG]

7. Piper27 macrumors newbie

I was able to place my preorder through the Apple store app at 3:29 a.m and I am an AT&T Next customer. My 6+ 128 space grey phone is set to be delivered on 9/19.

8. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I'm not sure if this is correct but particularly if you did the Next program on your previous device and you are eligible again, it's likely because of the trade- in that you have to go through the apple store. But you have to give your device back. But in theory any Next/Edge upgrades should only have the option to pick up in stores (well for current who used it). I could be wrong tho.

9. bigthanbigger macrumors regular

i didn't do pre order on iphone 6 with ATT Next ,, cause i know they not shipped on 19th ?????? ................................step to apple store wait in line take same day ,