Apple Store Disappointment

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by dpaanlka, May 27, 2007.

1. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

A simple situation... my mom's MacBook Pro power adapter got all chewed up by the back of her LCD being opened and closed on it constantly. She took it to the Apple Store in Oakbrook, IL, showed it to "Patrick" and said she needed a new one. So he grabbed a box off the shelf and rang her up. As he rang her up she casually mentioned that I had applied to the store twice in two years and never even got a call, and he explained it was because you have to be very intelligent to work at an Apple Store.

She drives all the way home and it turns out he sold her a battery, not a power adapter (which she physically showed him). Not only did he sell her the wrong thing, but it wasn't even the right battery for her particular MacBook.

So much for intelligence.

2. asxtb macrumors 6502

:eek: I'd definately go back to that same person and say to him (as you said) 'So much for intelligence.'

3. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

In fact, you have to be a genius. Arrogant little snots like him should be put in their place.

4. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Yeah, methinks the manager, "Patrick", and I would be having a very entertaining, very public chat when I went in to fix that little snafu/insult-fest... :mad:

5. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

These guys are quite stupid.

I went to pick up my G5 after a diagnostics check, they told me it was all ready to go.

When I came home, all the ram was missing. I told them to ship it to me and they shipped it overnight the dumb bastards.

6. Shadow macrumors 68000

Shadow

7. headhammer macrumors regular

what i'm about to say deserves a slap in the face. i know. but i _still_ can't resist.

this *points below* is the definition of irony from the apple dictionary (which references the oxford dictionary)

i see no mention of apple stores, cocky emlpoyees, or mums. ironic, really.

slap away, my good sir.

8. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

QFT.

Calling someone's son stupid while you can't even sell someone the proper piece of equipment is inexcusable.

9. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

I'm still trying to figure out how you chew up a power adapter with the back of your LCD... :confused:

10. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

SLAP!

11. dpaanlka thread starter macrumors 601

dpaanlka

She has a very clumsy and lazy office setup, with the power strip near her right foot, and access to the desk area from the left. So when the MacBook Pro is plugged in, she wires it around the rear from the left to the right, then to the front and down to the floor.

When the LCD is opened, the corners of it gouge into the cord, which isn't made of very good rubber I must say (just pushing a bit together with my hands causes it to deform).

12. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I would rejoinder with, "Oh yeah? Well the jerk store called, and they're running out of you!" ;)

Seriously, nice story. Although I let my iBook power cable snake around by the hinge all the time, and I can't imagine it getting cut up in the process! For that matter, even Iago (my cat) grabbing it in his mouth has not cut it up.

13. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

After seeing so many pictures of damaged power cables here at MR, I am taking very good care with mine. I agree that the cord is not good rubber and it needs to be more substantial. In fact the whole MagSafe connector should be bigger. I think Apple's design leanings have taken precedence here.

14. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

If thats not Irony then it could be just a little Hypocrisy?

15. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

I brought my wife's Macbook into an Apple Store on Tuesday because it had a bad battery (1223 mAh after only 33 recharge cycles).

The genius looked at me suspiciously and asked me how did I know what the charge should be, since that's a secret number that Apple never published. I typed "MacBook battery" "full capacity" into Google and showed him the second item in the search, a post from MacRumors.

I didn't have the heart to tell him about coconutBattery .. well, I didn't have the courage ... I was afraid he might refuse to replace the battery, using cocunutBattery as an excuse. (Not that coconutBattery would have caused any problems since I installed only after I noticed the low charge.)