Apple Store doesn't carry 8GB RAM models?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thecooler1, Dec 9, 2013.

1. thecooler1 macrumors newbie

Following up my keyboard issue thread, I went to the Apple Store Genius Bar and compared my device with a showcase model, and the "genius" played it off as if they felt the same. I accepted her valuation, but told her I'm expecting no issues whatsoever if I'm paying $1600 for a device. She goes on to say that they don't carry 8GB RAM models in the store, and I need to ship it back out to Apple? I'm unsure whether she was just unwilling to help me with the transaction (after driving half an hour out for the appointment :(), so please help me out if anyone can. Thank you.

2. willgreene99 macrumors regular

willgreene99

In my area, there are three apple stores and in all them they have both 8Gb and 16GB models in the 15" and only 8GB models in the 13".

3. thecooler1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess it varies store by store. I don't want to have to bring my laptop downtown with me, but guess it's the only choice I have within my 14 days. I'll call and check with them, thanks.

4. thecooler1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I called and they told me they don't do returns/exhanges of Online Purchases in store. Well. Is this true? My only option would be to ship it back? And is it possible to do an exchange through this method, or only a return? I desperately needed a good laptop and Apple sent me a defective one, so the quicket option would be the best. Thank you.

5. durkkin macrumors regular

The online store and retail stores are separate. You can only return an online order if you did a personal pickup in store. Otherwise it never passed through their inventory and they have no way of returning it. You would have to call the online store support to return or exchange it.