Apple Store doesn't have iphone 3g

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iqbalkhan9, Aug 7, 2009.

1. iqbalkhan9 macrumors newbie

ok so i have a white 16gb iphone 3g, not the one that they are selling for $99 bucks. that's the black 8 gb.

so yeah my warranty is until july 2010, and ive started having problems with my phone. there is a long white line maybe about two inches long inside the phone along the side. it is not a crack, and i have never dropped my phone, it looks like a long line of dust.
    also the vibrate is extremely loud, sort of rattling, and when you shake it you can easily hear something shaking around and clicking.

i wanted to go exchange my phone, but i was thinking, would the apple store have my phone because they stopped making the white 16gb 3g a while back so they could start making 3gs, and what would happen if they didnt and i needed a replacement?
    it is their obligation to give me one, as i am under warranty, and they cant downgrade me to a black 8 gb 3g. so would they give me a 3gs??
    should i wait longer maybe till winter break holidays or later so i have a better chance of getting upgraded to the 3gs ;)

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

There will be replacement 3G and 2G iPhones for years. You will not be receiving an upgrade for free.

3. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

They will have plenty of refurbs. You will get a replacement of the phone you currently have.