Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

010241-store.png

Apple seems to be preparing for the iPhone 4 pre-orders which are set to kick off on Tuesday, June 15th. They've brought the Apple online store down, presumably to make changes. There's been reports that no other retailer will be offering these pre-orders, so Apple might be the only option.

Article Link: Apple Store Down Ahead of iPhone 4 Pre-Orders

justanothernerd

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2008
Awesome - did the same thing happen for the iPad at ~midnight the day of pre-orders or is this earlier?

Comment

kenzbud

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2005
I'm waiting... I want my new iPhone now! Does anybody know who it would get shipped on when they do next week? UPS? FedEx?

Comment

RobertD33

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2008
I'm waiting... I want my new iPhone now! Does anybody know who it would get shipped on when they do next week? UPS? FedEx?

Usually about 3 days before the initial date, I believe. I think that's how it was with my 3gs preorder last year.

Comment

JZ Wire

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2003
Miami, FL
Ha, I saw it went down. Again. This time i took a screen shot on my iPad but when i came on here i saw that you guys are already aware.

I'm actually liking the white iPhone this time. To me, the 3G and 3 GS in white looked like a cheap toy but the new iPhone 4 looks really nice in white. Reminds me of the original iPods. Now I'm torn between the two. . .

Comment

maghemi

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2009
Melbourne Australia
God I hate the way they shut down the entire site just to update for one product.

I want to get on there to look into buying stuff that is not even remotely related to the iPhone. But because of this whole site shutdown I can't.

Sometimes their methods just give you the ****'s

Comment

Luiis81

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2010
Woot! Woot! Can't wait, I'm ordering two black 16Gs! With my iPad i don't really think I'll be needing the 32G any more...

Comment

Rubey81

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2009
I bet Steve Jobs is standing in his room naked right now infront of a big money counter that is linked to sales on the site. I bet then he does a naked happy dance of joy. lol :D:apple::apple::apple::apple:

Comment

miki66

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2008
IL
i wonder why are they updating the store section but not iphone section:confused:

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.