Apple Store Down

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Ladybug, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

Does Apple normally go offline for maintenance over the weekends? Updates you think?

Tried placing an order that didn't go through due to an error on my part, and I'm not seeing a way to rectify it since customer service is closed as well. :(

Edit: Seems the main page store is up, but you can't sign into your account.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

US Retail and Education Stores are both up for me. It is around the normal maintenance time though.

3. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

What version of the store are you referring to? American, UK, Canadian, ect.? This might be Apple fixing the wording on the site from "pre-order" for the new products to "Buy". In other words, if this is the case, then they would most likely be available in-stores tomorrow and shipping tomorrow if already ordered.

But the US retail store is currently up for me.

4. Ladybug thread starter macrumors 65816

Ladybug

It's the US store I was referring to, but I edited my post shortly after posting... it's not the main store that's down, just the Account login. Sorry for the confusion.

5. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

No problem for me, I just signed in fine. What message pops up when you attempt to navigate there

6. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

http://www.tuaw.com/2008/01/20/omg-omg-alarums-and-excursions-the-store-is-down/

7. Ladybug thread starter macrumors 65816

Ladybug

Thank you for shopping at the Apple Online Store
    Apple's Online and phone Order Status services are temporarily unavailable due to a scheduled upgrade to our systems.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

8. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

Hmm, I log in fine and can view my recent purchases and other things ect, do you have any purchases that are awaiting shipping? Because maybe this only affects those with purchases awaiting to ship.

9. Ladybug thread starter macrumors 65816

Ladybug

I tried placing an order but got some error while placing my order concerning my verification code for my credit card. To fix said error, it says to wait 15 mins and try again. It's been almost 2 hours now and I can't log into my account.

So perhaps you're right. I'll probably have to phone them to get this mess sorted.

Anyway, thanks all for help.