Apple Store Education UK and Applecare

Discussion in 'iMac' started by g33, Oct 6, 2013.

1. g33 macrumors 6502

I would jsut like to clarify that if I were to add Applecare (£97.20) I am getting a further TWO years over the basic one?

However, I have also read here recently that if bought from Apple store for education you automatically get 3 years warranty?

2. AaronM5670 macrumors 6502

AaronM5670

As a regular user of the Education store, I think this might solve your problem.

3. g33 thread starter macrumors 6502

hmm i dont quite fully understand it

i believe i am on the apple store for edu right now and it says i need to pay for it?!

[​IMG]

4. tomnavratil macrumors 6502a

tomnavratil

I'm in the UK and I've ordered my iMac a week ago or so. As far as I know you get extended 3 year Apple Care for free on the educational store. It states it on the of Apple's webpages and also, for me, there wasn't an option to add Apple Care into a basket during checkout.

So I don't think you should purchase Apple Care separately then.

5. horsebattery macrumors 6502

The free AppleCare is not applicable for the US, FYI. Different countries have different policies. :)

6. tomnavratil macrumors 6502a

tomnavratil

Thanks for this info, that's certainly new to me. Would think that Apple gives this To US students as well.

7. jg321 macrumors 6502

In the UK, it's noticeable that it's not just standard AppleCare you're adding, as the description changes to something like "APPLECARE HE UPLIFT" or some such.

From what I remember, with no uplift, the service and support page shows just the standard 1-year warranty to begin with, but then a month or so (maybe longer) after purchase, you get an email, and the AppleCare is added, and reflects in the service and support page.

Weird that the US is different.