Apple store employees?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bassproguy07, Sep 9, 2008.

1. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

Anyone work at an Apple retail store? if so I have a few questions about getting a job. Just want to know if they are flexible with schedules, my school schedule is really effed up this semester but i want a fun and exciting job and the only place that I can think of being fun is an apple retail store! Thats realy all i want to know is if they are flexible with students, there are like 4 stores in my area i can apply at and I am sure each is different but just want to hear from someone who is an actual retail employee.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I believe that most are banned from sites like this, but I know that for the most part, the daily schedule isn't a concern, it is the length you can work. At most stores, when not around the holidays, they want a commitment of at least one year, especially for the Geniuses.

TEG

3. spikespike macrumors member

...I was just remarking to someone recently on how all Apple store employees seem to be totally incapable rational thought. Seriously, worst and most misinformed work force around.

4. iRebecca27 Suspended

iRebecca27

I strongly dislike the Apple Store workers, for the most part.

There are a few that I have intelligent conversations with regarding the steps apple has taken in their new products and innovations, but most of them have sticks up their rears and dont help for shizz.

I know that they only hire 18+, but they have a wide range of ages

they spend a lot of time training

5. spikespike macrumors member

Seems like most of them are the band wagon mac user, not the core mac user and thus have no idea what they are talking about...in the Boston area at least.

6. bassproguy07 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

yah most of the employees are idiots....i just think it would be a fun job and since I already know more than the idiots there I think I am more qualified. I Probably could work for a year or so depends on school etc.

7. rpaloalto macrumors 6502a

rpaloalto

I agree most of them are a little uneducated in their macknowledge.

But you got to remember that most of them are young, and still in school. Not all of them are working their because they love macs. I'm sure Apple pays pretty well, but probably not too much more than working at a best buy.

They know enough to sell and help a mac noob. Apple expects us more experienced mac users to know our stuff and know what we want.

8. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Surely you can say that about any shop though, I've been into several shops to ask about a product and the staff have just given me blank stares with "Errmmm, errrr, 2 seconds, I'll get the manager"

I find Apple Store employees to be very friendly, but as you said, a little miss informed, I've yet to be served by someone who's over 25 in there, which is probably why their staff suck...

On the other hand, during peak times, I've found them to be very rude. I once got asked if I could stop looking at a MBP because someone else wanted to look (and probably purchase), when there was a good 4 other machines being used by little kids to look at their myspace pages, which made me a little disappointed... (I was just looking at FCP 6, seeing if there was anything special) :rolleyes: