Apple Store Error?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by noobasaurus-rex, Oct 21, 2008.

1. noobasaurus-rex macrumors newbie

Ok, so let's just talk hypotheticals here...

Say I hypothetically ordered a new MBP on the Apple Store just after it was released, but in the process of doing so made several orders and cancelled them straight away because I was being my usual indecisive self.

The accessories I ordered for my MBP shipped when they were ready, and the actual notebook was delayed as it was CTO, but both were charged to my credit card.

Say, the next week when I checked my bank account, after both items had been shipped (complete with tracking numbers - accessories received and notebook still in transit), and the amount for the accessories had still been taken out but the amount for the notebook had been returned to my bank account. (After having initially being taken out, as with the amount for the accessories.) Also, say I had been sent tax invoices/receipts for both the accessories and the notebook.

Does this mean I somehow didn't get charged for my new notebook?

What would you do if faced with this (hypothetical) situation?

Thanks.

2. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

In other words, you (hypothetically) ordered a number products, canceled some, but Apple inadvertently sent you one of the canceled products without charging you for it.

It is (would be) Apple's mistake, though it sounds like your (hypothetical) indecisiveness compounded the problem with all your orders and cancels.

Keep the (phantom) MB/MBP. Only you can sort out the moral conundrum of whether you (would) feel ok accepting electronics for which you didn't pay.

3. noobasaurus-rex thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, actually, they sent the product I actually did order (and the only one they charged to my credit card) - but for some reason returned the correct amount for the item that had been charged on my credit card back to my account. My mind is boggling at the moment...

4. chameleon81 macrumors 6502

I would wait one week to see whether they charge me or not. Then if I haven't been charged I would give the notebook to chameleon81 on macrumors.com.