Apple store exchange policy question?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Hauntedhallows, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Hauntedhallows macrumors newbie

I purchased a new 16gb iPad 3rd gen on Friday at the apple store. I soon realized 16gb is not enough, I was curious if anyone knows if they will let me swap it out for a 32gb. I am not sure if the 14 return policy they told me about is only for manufacturer defects only!

2. Database macrumors member

3. kjlake macrumors member

Yep - just got back from the apple store after doing the exact same thing - no problem...

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

Is there a difference between exchange and return then buy the other? Just curious how it works and what your receipt ends up looking like? I've done warranty exchange before well after purchase, but not an exchange during return window.

5. sydia21 macrumors regular

sydia21

Your receipt shows your orig purchase as a credit, the new charge and then the difference that you have to pay at the bottom.

I also took mine into a store to exchange a 16gb to a 32gb. Actually ended up getting a credit of about $8.00 in taxes cuz I live in DC but exchanged mine in VA.

Totally easy exchange and worry free. Hope this helps.

6. deeddawg macrumors 604

7. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

It also depends on which store you speak to. I am about to exchange my AT&T 32GB for Verizon 32GB. I called the store closest to me and was told I could exchange it but had to stand in line and wait. If they run out, then I am out of luck. I didn't like that answer and called another one. They told me I could call in the morning and if they had the one I want in stock they would hold on to one for me until later that day. I'm starting to think about upgrading to 64GB if that is available.