apple store exhange?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Adamlovesu, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Adamlovesu macrumors newbie

hey all having multiple issues with new imac... ,stuck pixels, screen tinitng dust under display all slight but ridiculous.... i ordered a 27 inch i7 and would like to exchange in store... is this possible? do stores carry i7 and take exchanges when i ordered online?

2. Mr Rogers macrumors regular

You have to do it online

Yours is a BTO option purchased online, hence, I believe you will have to arrange online to change it - this is easy, just call Apple Support line in your region and keep hammering away that the faults are unacceptable for a machine costing nearly US$2,500 - hopefully these issues have surfaced prior to the 14 day exchange policy, if its after this timeframe, you may have issues.

It took me three attempts to get a replacement for a 21 day old imac 27in i5 3.1Ghz.

I'm having mine replaced and updating to i7 and add more VRAM - this should arrive by late June after they have collected the original - like you I had yellow tint and what appeared a dirty screen - the mark as big as my palm - was smack bang in the middle of the display and yellow tint affected the bottom third - mine was purchased from a reseller, in future I'll only order online or purchase from an actual Apple Store - currently we do not have any in Hong Kong.

Hope this helps, but call them now, the longer you wait, the worse it will get.

3. Adamlovesu thread starter macrumors newbie

ah i thought there was one in hong kong though? ive seen pictures of the ipad 2 launch there lol.... my only problem with sending it back is the fact that i have to wait a long time for another one and if that one is worse or the same i would be without a a machine for about 5 weeks maybe even more!!!! ..... i have 1 dead pixel or stuck im not sure smack dab in the middle of the screen and slight very feint tint in the lowrer left hand corner of the display and a small piece of debree in the lower left hand side as well but thats easy to fix as i have applecare... im in the 14 days... im going to call in about an hour when support opens up and ask them how long this would all take...