Apple Store Experience

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ALiMacDaddy, Mar 11, 2009.

1. ALiMacDaddy macrumors newbie

This is my second Mac, and my first apple notebook. I bought the 2.4 Unibody Macbook pro about 3 weeks ago and managed to get 7 of the screws required to upgrade the ram out just fine. Unfortunately I stripped the head of the last screw. Spent 30 or 40 bucks buying screw drivers to try to get the screw out to no avail. Finally just took it to the Apple store to see if they could do anything. The guys apparently cut off the bottom case and/or stripped screw and replaced the bottom part of the case and put in new screws. They didn't have to lift a finger on this one, but they did an awesome job except for the minor cut in the battery's "skin" from their cutting tool. Just thought I'd share.

2. kevin0807 macrumors newbie

3. winninganthem macrumors 6502a

winninganthem

Wow, they didn't yell at you/void your warranty for using non-Apple branded RAM. :O I knew a guy who worked at the Apple Store and he told me that they could do that if they caught you with non-Apple RAM. Since then I've been feeling pretty anti-AppleStore.

Glad you had a good experience though!

4. brendon2020 macrumors 6502

i've never had to bring any of my macs in, been lucky so far, but its nice to know they're that helpful in the store.

5. spacecadet610 macrumors 6502

i'm not surprised. i've brought my mac hardware to the apple store maybe 6 times over the years.

Other than a long wait, i've always had a good experience. i think their customer service has been key in their success.

6. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

That sounds unusual to me. I brought my old MacBook Pro in for service several times and it had 2x2GB of Corsair memory in it. The technicians would have noticed it too during the course of their repairs.

7. ALiMacDaddy thread starter macrumors newbie

Since I hadn't successfully gotten the cover off there was no non-Apple RAM present. Somehow I don't think they would've made a big deal out of it.