Apple Store Fair Oaks Mall (Fairfax, VA) this Saturday!!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by chrismac00, Apr 22, 2008.

1. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

I just received the e-mail from Apple! It says that the store will open on April 26th at 10:00am. I'm really happy, but I am gonna be working that day. At least my job is like 2 minutes away from there so I'm gonna go once I get out. So who is going?

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Damn, my old (and soon to be "new") stomping grounds! Just a couple weeks too early! Hope you Fairfax and other northern VA Apple fans live it up for me. :)

3. dingster1 macrumors regular

4. chrismac00 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oops forgot to include that. It's in Northern Virginia, I would say about 2 hours from Bethesda, MD. But I'm not completely sure. I would say 30-45 minutes from Alexandria.

5. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Not even 2 hours. Maybe during rush hour. Absent traffic I'd say Fair Oaks is only ~45 minutes away from Bethesda. Maybe. It's been a while since I've done that trek.

6. chrismac00 thread starter macrumors 6502a

You're probably right, I just assumed because it was Maryland. I'm bad at assuming.

7. macnvrbck macrumors regular

Bethesda to Fair Oaks... 30 minutes max with no traffic! HOURS with.

I live a stones throw to this mall. If I showed up early to see this thing open would I get any surprises or give-aways?

All hail not going all the way to Tysons! Then again I wouldn't buy a single thing in any Apple store or electronics store. (Screw paying retail, too many better deals on EVERYTHING online.)

B

8. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

They have massive parties and discounts in the Uk, but theyre is only about 12 in the country, so i dunno if the US is the same.

9. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

usually some t-shirts stickers. maybe a raffle for a free nano. its been a while since i went to one but thats what it was like say 3 years ago.

10. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

i have 4 apple stores very close to me i guess i take it for granted.

11. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

is there a group of pple on MR who go to every applestore opening worldwide on their launch days??
    just to get the free t-shirt i suppose..
    haha

12. chrismac00 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hahaha! Unfortunately I won't be able to go to the opening. But I'm hoping the store is nice. If anyone goes, can they take pictures?

13. kflook macrumors member

I'm coming down from southern Pennsylvania. Sounded like a good excuse for a road trip, I never went to an apple store opening before. How early should I get there before they open to be one of the first in line?

14. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

There are 2 people in the world that are usually at the apple store openings. The loony homeless-looking guy in new york beat them awhile ago for the first time.

Thinking whether to go or not. Guess I am going tomorrow. =)

I'll be using a 17" MBP as a 17" iPod.

15. kflook macrumors member

I think you were like 10 people in front of me...where you watching Ratatouille?

16. evilyankeefan macrumors regular

evilyankeefan

Showed up around 9:40am and it was pretty cool as the :apple: employees were marching around before the opening. Was able to hear them all the way from the BK entrance.

They had the line forming right behind the customer service desk and it snaked around 4-5 times. I got in right at the end of it before they moved it across the hall by the kids shoe store and let it swing down to Lord and Taylors. Not good at guessing numbers but probably around 200 people before me.

Everything quite orderly and got in the store about 10:20am. Got the simple black T w/ :apple: Fair Oaks on the front and Designed by Apple in California on the back. Store much smaller than Tyson's (felt almost as if it was 1/2 smaller). Cruised around to see where everything was at and walked out after 5 minutes.

The line was just as long when I left as it was when I got there.

Still very cool to be at an opening and a freebie shirt is always nice to have. :)

17. kflook macrumors member

I was there a little after 9:00, I'm not good at guessing numbers either, but I'm guessing there were 50-ish there before me, I was in the third row of the rope-snake. It was pretty neat to see, I've never been to an opening before.

18. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

19. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

I was out by Fair Oaks twice today - I had no idea that store was opening. I would certainly have gone - I'd always love another Apple shirt. Oh well. I'm so close to Tysons - the original Apple Store - and I love Clarendon, so I don't know how often I'll make it out there. Tomorrow for sure, though.

Oh, and Bethesda to Fair Oaks isn't that far. Maybe 15 minutes farther than Tysons.

20. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Was watching The Baker. I was probably around 20-30 from the start.

21. macnvrbck macrumors regular

I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THIS ON SATURDAY! BOOO ON ME.

How many shirts did they give out?