Apple store Fetzer table design

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by winty03, Jan 25, 2011.

1. winty03 macrumors regular

Good morning, everyone, I am looking for some info on the Apple stores Fetzer tables used to display their products. I am currently building a custom desk using their table as a model and was looking for some info dealing with the cable/power management they used under the tables. I have searched heavily and found a few under table pictures, but was looking if anyone had any more info detailing how it's set up. Thanks

2. walterwhite macrumors 6502

walterwhite

I did their visuals for 8+ years and would be happy to tell you all about the Fetzer tables.

3. winty03, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2011

winty03 thread starter macrumors regular

I seen from the pictures I found online, that there is a coiled power cord up into a "white box" and then it appears it is split into 2 or 3 junction boxes that power 3 outlets in each open space between the supports? I am assuming this info solely from the picture I found online. Are you able to shed some light or detail a bit more of how its all laid out or works?

[​IMG]

Question, is the table top made with all solid maple planks? Or is the top deck mdf? Looks like 4" x 3/4"" planks, but could be MDF?

4. winty03 thread starter macrumors regular

What I ended up with....went solid Select Maple...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

Not a fan of pull out keyboard trays, but looks like you did a great job! Any pictures of the cable management etc.?

6. Merthyrboy macrumors 6502

That is an awesome background. Took me a while to realise that it was a wallpaper I was just like "why hasn't he got a screen." then I saw the dock. Nice table as well though done a really nice job on it.

7. Internal Fury macrumors 6502

agreed. where did you find that wallpaper

8. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

I like the keyboard draw. It allows you to have a keyboard but still have a spot of desk in front of you for an open book or tablet.

9. iowamensan macrumors 6502

Pic with the drawer closed please! looks sweet... well done!

10. ccf, Jun 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2011

ccf macrumors regular

I wish I could do something like that. I don't have the tools or the expertise, though. :(

Anyway, my big idea is not to have a keyboard pullout, but an underneath shelf sized to fit a keyboard, Magic Trackpad, & Magic Mouse with a glass cutout on top just big enough to see the keyboard. The rest of the desk would be maple or some other material.

Anybody seen anything like that? I'd probably pay a pretty penny for it. :)

11. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

Yes...how 'bout a pic of the underside?

12. Krovem macrumors 6502

Krovem

13. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

I have the expertise to make something like that if you seriously want that. I think it'd be a neat idea.

Nice desk Winty03! Custom made desks are the best.

14. DIMEZ macrumors 6502a

DIMEZ

15. tlloren macrumors newbie

Hi! I know this is an old thread but I would like to know more about the electrical wire that comes up from the floor namely the manufacturer or specification that makes the floor box.

Thanks in advance!

16. panda bear macrumors 68000

panda bear

Please come manage my cables for me.. :eek:

17. NbinHD macrumors 6502

If you dont mind, would you be able to tell me the length and width of the table and its legs. Also the thickness of the table? Im building something similar in wood shop class.