Apple Store Financing - UK

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Stepper, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Stepper macrumors regular

Has anyone bought a Apple product using there finance system?

I was going to treat myself for xmas and get one of the new MB's, but I wouldn't feel comfortable paying all of the money up front so I decided to that the best idea was to use the finance option.

I just want to know if anyone else has used it? Pros? Cons? How long does the whole process take ie - from placing the order online to filling out all the relevant docs etc to the actual MB arriving at my house etc

Any info on this is welcome :apple::cool:

2. mikegunnill macrumors newbie

Apple Store Finance 2

I looked into a purchase using Apple Finance, but on checking found the interest rate higher than using a credit card. It also has to be done over a 36 month period although it can be paid off early. I was asked to take two different forms of ID and the process would take about ten minutes. The Apple Store at Bluewater ( Dartford Kent ) was very hepful and gave me a quote via email. If you need the email address let me know. Hope this helps a little.

3. mediamab macrumors member

hiya,

I am in the same position as yourself and looked at ordering throught their finance...

I had a prompt email from someone and spoke to the guy, he said I would need to see what my experian credit score was and if its under 850 - ideally nearer 900 then its worth submitting - so im currently waiting to find out what my score is - eventho this sounds incredibly high but im hoping im there as my credit is all good as far as I know...

seems like once Ive got past this - i do a 20min application then they approve/disapporve and then if its approved i get sent some docs with the amounts on etc, sign and then once received the orders put back in progress

4. ukMB macrumors member

5. merlin1949 macrumors newbie

Apple Finance for products in UK

Hi Guys I'm new to forums here and see that some of the questions asked were posted some time ago.So this is just for a bit of info regarding finance in uk.

OK Finance for apple products in the uk is provided by Barclays Finance.
    In my experience if you can't afford the cost in one go and want the product,go for it.
    All in all,if your finance is accepted.The whole process takes about between 20 to 30 days what with waiting for Barclays to send your Finance Agreement for you to sign and send back.
    Once you have done this and the Finances are freed to Apple they then send you what you have ordered,which depends on their stock will depatch ASAP.

Note that they will not send the order out until they have all of what you have ordered.

Hope this helps someone

6. sinar macrumors regular

I bought an Mac Mini on Apple finance when they were doing 10 months interest free credit last year, very easy to apply, and it worked really well, I don't have a massive income so my credit rating is probably not super good, but obviously it was good enough.

I bought a new iMac a couple of months ago, and as Apple were no longer offering interest free I got a new credit card that came with 12 months interest free on purchases, and I'm paying £140 a month of that so it is paid in within the interest free period.

I think if you can get an credit card with 0% on purchases it would be a much better option than paying Apple interest, and much more flexible as you can make overpayments any time if you want to pay it off quicker.

7. sweetie81 macrumors regular

The 'genius' at the Apple Store in Buchannan Street told me I couldn't repay the rest amount before the end of the 36 months.

Actually thinking of getting a loan from my bank and do it that way. Rest on credit card. Might actually be an option as well. Would need to check that.