Apple store gave me $100 gift card.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sjn419, Jun 24, 2010.

1. sjn419 macrumors regular

I was first in line @ the apple store but they had an issue with my account saying I wasn't eligible when even I tried my eligibility on the apple store website and it said i was. Anyway, didn't get out till 8:45 so they were nice enough to give me a $100 gift card which I did not expect.

Should I buy apps now? will apps that are updated for i4 be free upgrades?

2. sjn419 thread starter macrumors regular

3. Excluse macrumors member

Don't take this personally but this is the crap that adds to the clutter of this section.
    Spend YOUR money however YOU see fit. If you want apps, buy apps. If you want a new iPod, put it towards that.

Thanks for sharing your story.

4. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

You should gift 20 random users here with the iMovie app for iPhone 4.

5. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

very generous of them.

A lot of my apps are being updated for free to ios4 backgrounding support, etc.. It's really impossible to say though.

When in doubt though I'd just contact the dev and see what their plans are. I'd had success with a few in regards to iphone to ipad upgrade compatibility.

6. sjn419 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm looking for insight on whether or not apps have been updated already. No clue whether I should wait or what

7. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Yes apps have been updated. Can't say all have, but at least the ones I have are already up to date.

8. Cartaphilus macrumors 6502a

Congratulations, and a hearty welcome to the I-Boost-My-Ego-By-Criticizing-Others'-Posts Club!

9. outphase macrumors 65816

Too bad gift cards can't be used on gifted purchases :(

10. Excluse macrumors member

If the apps happen to update to take advantage of the iPhone 4 in the future I'm pretty sure the updates will be free, so no need to worry. You can buy them now.