Apple store got boring after the "remodel"

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dontwalkhand, Nov 12, 2009.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I remember when our local Apple store had rows of software, and third party hardware to mess around with, and for us to be able to purchase to use with our Macs.

Ever since the remodel, they have gotten rid of the software, and moved it to a select few (with most of them being kids games) on a wall, and instead made room for...more Macs.

We as a family already own 5 Macs around the house, and have no need for another Mac anytime soon, I have an iPod and an iPhone.

I used to be able to go to an Apple store to find the software I need, or the accessories I needed for my Macs/iPod/iPhones, but now, it seems just barren land. I have no need to go to an Apple store anymore unless it is to upgrade/buy new hardware or to get service on the hardware I own.

Unfortunately there really isn't any other place one could go to find the same selection that Apple had prior to this "remodel."

Anyone else disappointed by the "remodels" that Apple stores have gone through? I have found a place called "The iStore" that is basically a third-party Apple authorized reseller here, but there store looks exactly like an Apple Store, but at least they have a bit more variety in products other than just Macs and iPods.

They went the way of the "new Radioshack" in my opinion. I remembered when you could buy cool stuff at RadioShack like fake security cameras, real security cameras, door alarms, breadboards, science kits and more.

This is "the new Apple"...gotten rid of the cool stuff.

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

i have mentioned a couple times that it disappoints me, but it's easy to see the reason. iPhone accessories take a lot less space and Apple can move a lot more of them then they can LaCie hard drives.

3. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Most people buying macs don't already have 5 macs at home, they are first timers.

Cater to the audience, it makes sense.

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Luckily I have the local reseller just 2 miles away from home now. They have a wall of hard drives to pick from and if they don't have it in stock they'll order it from the mothership store.

5. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Probably to get all of the people who just stand around creeping people out to leave and let people who are trying the hardware to come in.