Apple Store Grand Openings: Whats in it for me?

wonga1127

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2006
Wishing for a magic bus.
Im going to the Orland Square opening this Saturday and I was wondering whats in this for me. I know I get a shirt, and theres a sweepstakes, but is there anything else? And whats in the sweepstakes thing? Big stuff? Medium stuff (keyboards, mice, headphones, store credit)?

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
I went on the Apple website and here is what they said.

Grand Opening
To celebrate our Grand Opening, we’re featuring a week of exciting events. In our store, we’ll have a variety of unique and educational presentations, demonstrations and workshops — all free of charge.

T-shirt Giveaway
The first 1000 people to visit the Apple Store receive a free Apple t-shirt.

Sweepstakes
Enter the Grand Opening Sweepstakes to win a Digital Lifestyle Collection valued at $2224.95.

One Grand Prize winner will receive a black 13-inch 2.16GHz Intel Core Duo MacBook, one-year One to One membership, an iPod nano, iWork, one-year membership to .Mac, and an AppleCare Protection Plan for MacBook. Ten First Prize winners each will receive a one-year One to One membership. No purchase necessary. All entries must be deposited by 4:00 p.m. (EST) on Sunday, July 22, 2007. See official rules and details.

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
T-shirt and Apple store opening would be cool enough, what else do you want?

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
i know someone who won a g5 imac when the apple store near me opened. you never know, it could happen to you.

puzzle

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2007
I love mysteries!
I went to an opening not too long ago. I got there at about 9:15 and it didn't open until 10 i think...there were about 200 people lined up...creatives from the studio interviewed me on camera...pretty cool. I didn't get into the store until about 10:20, but it was certainly fun and i was certainly one of the first 1,000 in, so I got an extra large t-shirt (the only size they had apparently.) there were also contests to win a MacBook and a few subscriptions of ProCare, but i didn't win. You didn't have to be there the first day to enter, though.

It was fun, but I could've slept in instead.