Apple store has my dead iphone 5s. Is my data safe?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mrfatboy, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Mrfatboy macrumors 6502

My iphone 5s died. It would not turn on at all. I tried all tricks and ended up taking it to the apple store. They could not do anything with it either and gave me a new one with no questions asked.

The phone could not be erased due to the fact it could not be turned back on. How safe is my data? Do they bulk erase it? Do they try to ressurect it? I was signed in to a lot of apps.(Email, eBay, mint, Dropbox, etc) and don't want somebody snooping.

Should I worry or not? I could go through and change all passwords but that is a huge pain in the butt and prefer not if I can avoid it.

2. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

Just go to find my iPhone and tell it to wipe it. When it comes back on and connects to the internet it will wipe.

3. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

the main board is probably fried, and i doubt your info is in any danger of being compromised.

4. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I always wonder that whenever I leave my Mac there. I'm pretty sure they will try to erase everything. It's not like you took it to a basic department store.

5. Jonytheblue macrumors member

6. Mrfatboy thread starter macrumors 6502