Apple Store iChats?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by toxicbomber, May 5, 2008.

1. toxicbomber macrumors 6502a

Did anyone ever add one of them to your ichat list? I added near all of them and it's fun just seeing them sign on and off. Wouldn't get in trouble would I?

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I haven't done that, and you won't get in trouble. Have you tried video chatting one of them? :D

3. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Nah, I've done the same. It's realllly fun to screw with peole sometimes. :D

4. todd2000 macrumors 68000

Im so doing this! Sounds like fun, sending random messages to people when they sign on :)

5. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Only the stupid ones/potential switchers*. :D If they know how to use a Mac, more then likely they'll change the iChat preferences to log into their own account.

But then again, the stupid ones/potential switchers are more enertaining.:)

* I'm not saying they're one in the same, I'm comparing the two of them.

6. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

Here's an AIM saved buddy list for a bunch of stores. I was very bored one night, so I made this. Click on the TXT file to see what stores are included in the buddy list. There are over 850 computers registered, 30 for each store. Right now, 15 are online, a lot of them are in NY.

How to load the buddy list.

-You must have AIM 5.9 for Windows XP/Vista
    -Unzip "Untitled.blt.zip"
    -Open AIM 5.9 and when you're logged on click the top menu "My AIM" and then select "Load Buddy List"
    -That's it. After you have loaded the buddy list, you can then use iChat instead of AIM 5.9.

You will not be able to add more buddies or groups through AIM, but you can add them by manipulating the *.blt file. Enjoy!

Attached Files:

7. toxicbomber thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah 90% of the time it's the ones from the cube. :D And yeah I got to screen share quite a few times. First thing I did was look in the Screen Savers folder but failed to find a Apple store exclusive screensaver. :(

8. lostfan916 macrumors 6502a

lostfan916

Hahaha that's funny, I'm going to do it!

God I'm bored.

9. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Ha thats cool, I will do that next time I go!

I done something similar with the iPhone with text messages, I was sending messages from one of the Apple Store iPhones to the one next to me, the people who were messing with it kept looking for who was sending the messages but they never found me until I sent one saying "I'm going, watch me go out the door" then I waited until they received it then waved to them as I walked out :D

10. toxicbomber thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nice! I just talked to a soon to be switcher. Tried to help her decide what she needed but I suppose that's their job. :p Pennsylvania btw.

11. carve macrumors 6502a

carve

bahaha, does anybody have a username for one of the computers that I could have, please? have a nice night, macluver101

12. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

I sent a text message to myself from a store iPhone--- I kept getting text messages every five minutes that afternoon until I had to call the store and tell them to delete the conversation. Of course, that was the week it came out, so there was a lot of people using it.

13. toxicbomber thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ha ha nice! :p