Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
What happened to the fourth choice?

Picture-1.jpg

Does this mean the supposed update on the 14th is imminent?

Is there even a possibility of an update to the 8800 card? Is there even a better card available for the iMac?

atiffarooq

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2006
Hmmm. Possibly - gives us all potential iMac owners (i.e. me :D) hope that there may be some updates come October 14th. I've just checked the UK store and they're still showing all 4 models.

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
Interesting indeed, perhaps sold out or perhaps by removing this model forces people to get a 24 " model just to get a half decent gpu. Apple likes to move you into higher models by limiting the gpu.

nvr2early4salad

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2008

If you go to store.apple.com and click on the macbook and imac links, they come out normal. If you try navigating to a different machine after that, it limits the options for some reason.

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
Can anyone tell me if there is even a possibility of a GPU update?

Is there a better card for the iMac than the 8800 that Apple could even fit in there?

I worry buying an iMac before the update...if they update the GPU. I could care less for speed bumps or new chipsets, I need the best GPU in an iMac.

Ive had some tell me there is nothing better than the 8800 currently...?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.