Apple Store in Bristol...

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by ajo, Mar 4, 2008.

1. ajo macrumors 6502

I was thinking that the development of cabot circus (www.cabotcircus.com) in Bristol would be a good opportunity to have an Appe Store in Bristol.

This is brand new shopping development which is ment to open this year. Bristol has not yet got an Apple Store and I think it would be busy, especially in a new development like this.

Any thoughts?

2. ajo thread starter macrumors 6502

....update sorry

been looking on the web and quite a few have said that they think it should have an Apple Store.

It will be unique what with the glass roof with the inside/outside feel to it all (first in europe they say).

Last I heard the whole development is costing £300million.

3. sreedy macrumors 6502a

I hope it will, I have noticed recently that both Exeter and Plymouth have got one in their new Shopping Mall. I guess Bristol gets overlooked as we have a decent independent retailer down by the station and John Lewis@The Mall is an authorised dealer.

Quite often Bristol gets overlooked for Cardiff as it's quite close and I think companies feel the capital of Wales is a better bet if choosing between the two. That said they don't have an Apple Store either (I think).

EDIT: Correction Plymouth is an Apple Premium Reseller

4. ajo thread starter macrumors 6502

woo! they have announced it.

dyou reckon they listened to us!

5. tom. macrumors 6502

tom.

I thought they would. I had one in Solihull when i lived there, and we have a John Lewis in the same building.

Good to know though.

6. sreedy macrumors 6502a

I know this is an old thread but it getting close to opeing time at Cabot Circus, I was checking their website and I see no mention of Apple..... has this died?

7. skyfox macrumors newbie

It most certainly hasn't died. I just had my final interview with the store :) Can't tell you any more details about where it will be or how big however, even if I did know.

8. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

I've *heard* that Apple may be opening up a store in the new Southgate Development here in Bath. I wonder if Apple is attempting the same kind of things they've done in the US?

I wonder what Western will do if they do open up there, as that'd leave only their Cheltenham branch open. Same goes for Farpoint in Bath...

9. covertsurfer macrumors 6502a

Anyone got any up to date info about the new Bristol store, ie/when its opening?

10. ajo thread starter macrumors 6502

update on Bristol store

A Cabot Circus little book thing was pushed through my door today, confirmed on it is the Apple store, there is also a map location where it is.

Il try and scan it in later on.

It is located in Quakers Friars on Philadelphia Street, on the map it is number 133.

It looks like quite a small store and it lies in between Reiss (Fashion) and Kurt Geiger (Footwear)

Hope this gives a little more information.

11. dogtanian macrumors 6502

dogtanian

I'll be returning to Bristol on Friday next week so will definitely take a look. It has been confirmed for a while I believe. Doubt there will be any new opening offers though...

This development seems to have come at the wrong time tbh, what with a global recession and rapid reduction in house prices, few people are out for the pretentious wares of these very expensive, high-end boutiques.

Bet the architecture is pretty fancy though...

12. ajo thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, it was confirmed a while back, but hasn't been mentioned on the site at all.

13. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Dammit, Apple finally announce a apple store in Somerset, then i have to go off to uni in portsmouth, rubbish...

14. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

Did I miss the opening date there ? ... ....maybe , just maybe it might coincide with new Macs being released

15. ajo thread starter macrumors 6502

Cabot Circus opens on 25 September, however I don't think that this will be all stores.

I also remember reading somewhere that the Apple store wont be open until November.

16. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

That's it then ! , I believe the new 'stuff' will be out either on or before 25th Sept

:D

17. igoldfish macrumors newbie

According to the local newspaper, the apple store will be opening on the 25th September....

Hrmmm :confused:

18. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

why so confused ? , sit down a minute and have a nice cup of tea :p

19. igoldfish macrumors newbie

Haha.. it's just I was certain it was November, as it was announced later than most of the shops.... well I suppose i'll just have to turn up and see what happens!

EDIT: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28544903@N07/2766379568/

20. ajo thread starter macrumors 6502

21. igoldfish macrumors newbie

Confirmed, opening event on thursday... I can't wait! Sadly, i'm an apple store virgin.... but now i'll be addicted..

I'll be certainly popping my head in!

22. ajo thread starter macrumors 6502

yep, confirmed, not a bad time either, will allow time to get down there and get through the crowds.

23. Wayne s macrumors regular

No Apple store in Cardiff, but I did hear a rumor some time back that they are planning one.

24. ajo thread starter macrumors 6502

So im working in the centre today and I just had a quick look at what I could see of the new Apple Store.

Harvey Nichols is opening today so there were big crowds and black cloths covering the railings, but I could still just about see a large apple logo at second level hight on a big glass window, couldnt see the bottom half of the store to see inside though.

I will be down tomorrow im hoping and will try and take some photos then.