Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Josephkyles

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
The nearest Apple store from me is in Orlando, About 4 1/2 hours away! I say Tallahassee, the capital of Florida needs an apple store really bad!

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
How about you people move Tallahassee instead of complaining about Apple not having a store there? If the capitol wasn't so far from civilisation, Apple, Macy's, and other expensive stores might locate there. :D

I'd think Atlanta would be just as convenient as Orlando and Tampa isn't that bad, either.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
There are only 10 stores in the state. Thankfully, they offer AppleCare for consumers now. I must thank Apple for finally handling it since I used every opportunity to bash them about it in the past. It looks as though 6 of them are fairly close to I-95 and Miami.

rtdgoldfish

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2004
Nashville, TN
bousozoku said:
How about you people move Tallahassee instead of complaining about Apple not having a store there? If the capitol wasn't so far from civilisation, Apple, Macy's, and other expensive stores might locate there. :D

Hey now, we have a Macy's in Tallahassee!!! And CompUSA is a TON better than the Apple Stores in Orlando :D :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I don't think Tallahassee has enough people to support an Apple store. I just go to the Milenia and Florida Mall stores when I visit my parents in Orlando.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
dsnort said:
I live half way between the Tampa Store and the Orlando Store. Go to Tampa cause the Orlando store is a pain to get to.

Which Orlando store? :D There are 2 now.

I thought the Tampa store would be more of a pain because of the traffic backup on I-275, right after the switch from I-4.

nitynate

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2006
Clearwater, FL
Oh!

I-275 is fun!

Especially with the traffic into St. Pete.

Usually I just take 19 to Gulf to Bay to Veterans Expressway, though.

My God.......

:D

I hate this state. :p

Is anyone familiar with the apple store in International Plaza?
Well, I sometimes go in there and trick the sales people into answering my questions wrong.
Then I tell them they are wrong.

But they are still just as cool with me the next time I go in there.

Weirdos.

EDIT-

This looks cool!!
Its the Map To Happiness.
picture1el2.jpg

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
nitynate said:
Oh!

I-275 is fun!

Especially with the traffic into clearwater.

My God.......

Memories.
:D

I hate this state. :p

Is anyone familiar with the apple store in International Plaza?
Well, I sometimes go in there and trick the sales people into answering my questions wrong.
Then I tell them they are wrong.

But they are still just as cool with me the next time I go in there.

Weirdos.

I've been there several times and was even there the day they opened...without the planes overhead...strange day.

I don't take I-275 anywhere past Dale Mabry or thereabouts, unless it's the I-275 around Cincinnati. When I go to Clearwater, I take St. Rd. 60 (Kennedy Blvd.?) over to U.S. 19 so I can stop at Skyline Chili. :D I don't have more than two reasons to go to the Tampa Bay area.

nitynate

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2006
Clearwater, FL
bousozoku said:
I've been there several times and was even there the day they opened...without the planes overhead...strange day.

I don't take I-275 anywhere past Dale Mabry or thereabouts, unless it's the I-275 around Cincinnati. When I go to Clearwater, I take St. Rd. 60 (Kennedy Blvd.?) over to U.S. 19 so I can stop at Skyline Chili. :D I don't have more than two reasons to go to the Tampa Bay area.
60 is gulf to bay.

Also known as the Courtney Campbell.

OMG I LOVE SKYLINE!!!!
*drool*

I know where I am getting a snack tonight.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
nitynate said:
60 is gulf to bay.

Also known as the Courtney Campbell.

OMG I LOVE SKYLINE!!!!
*drool*

I know where I am getting a snack tonight.

Yeah, people over there say Gulf to Bay, but at Dale Mabry, it's Kennedy Blvd, and yeah, I've heard Courtney Campbell Causeway.

I need to get to Skyline Chili. The last time I was at one, I was driving through Cincinnati. The frozen stuff just doesn't taste the same. Mmmmm...crunchy. :D

Clydefrog said:
Mines like 20min away ShadySide store

Did they move Pittsburgh to Floriduh recently and didn't tell us? :p

dsnort

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2006
In persona non grata
bousozoku said:
Which Orlando store? :D There are 2 now.

I thought the Tampa store would be more of a pain because of the traffic backup on I-275, right after the switch from I-4.

I didn't know there was another one in Orlando, the only one I was aware of is the one in the Florida Mall!

And while I-275 can be fun, so can I-4 into O-town! ( Trying to get past the Kingdom of the Emperor Rat :eek: ) And then the Florida Mall isn't right off the interstate!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.