Apple Store in Mississippi

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by toxicbomber, Nov 19, 2007.

1. toxicbomber macrumors 6502a

Now seriously, there is not a single store in Mississippi. The only Apple retail store we DID have was Comp USA and now nothing! :eek: Come on, Apple, atleast open a ministore inside a Best Buy or something of that nature. Anyone else have this same problem?

2. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

There's not an Apple store in Kentucky either. C'mon now Apple! We can at least support 2!!!

3. toxicbomber thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah! :eek:

4. toxicbomber thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank god. Apple finally did it. :D They are working on building a store in Ridgeland! Rejoice the mighty apple has spoken! :p

5. h0e0h macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

Mississippi... we BARELY just got on just west of you in LA. Unfortunately for me it's 3.5 hours away in Baton Rouge. I'm excited about the store in Rigeland, as I've got family in Madison! That drive is less than 2 hours away! Good for you Mississippi... and 7% sales tax will be GREAT!

6. InLikeALion macrumors 6502a

For years there has been User Friendly. I was sad when CompUSA went out of business, but the people at User Friendly are really nice, and many times they are more knowledgeable than the staff at CompUSA was. Give them a try while you're waiting for the Colony Apple Store to be approved and built.

Unfortunately Apple chose to locate in Madison, where User Friendly is located - so they will likely continue the tradition of running faithful and long-time retailers out of business. I wish they had decided to open in Jackson, instead. I'm frankly sick of all the shmancy businesses going to Madison. Many view Madison as a 'white flight' city where the rich have run to avoid being involved with the revitalization of Jackson's character and community. But that is for another forum and another day.

7. Verist macrumors member

I live in Ridgeland, any idea when its going to open?

8. userfriendlyinc macrumors newbie

Apple in Mississippi already here!

Just thought I'd let you know ..... There has been and still is an Apple Dealer in Mississippi. 18 years! User Friendly, Inc. Located in Madison for the last 6 years, Apple is all we do! Come visit our store. You can get directions from our website at www.userfriendlyjackson.com.

9. joemac21 macrumors newbie

ridgeland apple store photos

photos of the new apple store
    from today...

Attached Files:

10. toxicbomber thread starter macrumors 6502a

Quite epic, really. :D I am peeing myself with excitement. Hope to see you there at grand opening. Wear an orange shirt with an apple sticker or something. :D

11. jb79 macrumors newbie

12. toxicbomber thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wouldn't miss it for the world. Hope to see you there!

13. jb79 macrumors newbie

14. toxicbomber thread starter macrumors 6502a

15. toxicbomber thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wow that was fun. Got 2 t-shirts and left a picture on photo booth. I also bought Microsoft Office. Oh and expect a video soon. :) Good day!