Apple Store in Perimeter mall Georgia is INSANE!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ziggo, Jul 12, 2008.

1. ziggo macrumors 6502

ziggo

ok so I work at best buy right outside perimeter mall. Today a customer came in looking for a voice recorder peripheral for his iPod. I informed him that we did not sell it and suggested the Apple store across the street. He got mad and said that they were forcing everyone to wait in line even if you didn't want an iPhone. After I got off work I decided to check it out for myself..

I absolutely could not BELIEVE what I saw. There was a line of about 240 people stretching ALLLL the way the length of the ENTIRE scone floor! Spoke with an employee and he tiredly informed me that it had been lie that all day since yesterday.

2. Aiphanes macrumors regular

Aiphanes

This is just crazy dog! Its just a phone...I now know why Apple and ATT did it this day for the launch of the 3G Iphone...this is great free plubiciity for both companies...even if it is a bit negative...It shows that there is great demand!

3. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

4. billyripkin macrumors 6502

billyripkin

Same exact crap here at the store in Woodfield,IL. This weekend I hate Apple.

5. sjo macrumors 6502a

actually it shows that the in store activation is a Bad Idea (tm).

6. ziggo thread starter macrumors 6502

ziggo

Its crazy because I was actually going to go there yesterday morning to pick mine up but decided to go to the AT&T store nearer where I live. Man, I thought THAT line was long! Of was ky about 75 of us at that store and they only ended up having 40 phones....

But that apple store at the mall was PANDEMONIUM!! I mean almost the ENTIRE second floor was one long winding line!! I asked the Qploe guy if I could just go in to buy a case and he sadly shook his head and apologized and said everybody had to wait in line because it wasn't fair. I asked him how long people had been waiting and he said "some people have been here since yesterday night. We had to turn them away and they keep coming back."

The launch last year was NOTHING like this.

I asked him if the servers were still down. He smiled and said "Not lime yesterday, but periodically we will have issues with slow down, everybody's been real champ's about it".

7. bov macrumors 6502

Anyone got pictures? im curious to see just how CRAZY these lines were :p

8. southerndoc macrumors 65816

southerndoc

I went there early this morning and left the line after being told they had no more 16GB black iPhones. The line was probably 25 deep when I left.

9. cmcbridejr macrumors 6502a

cmcbridejr

Yeah, go AAPL!

First, MobileMe took forever to go online (and it is still shaky).

Then, there have been activation and upgrade problems for iPhone users.

Now that I have upgraded my iPhone to 2.0, apps will crash and sometimes even restart my iPhone. Big Problem!

Oh, and iTunes now takes about 10-20 minutes every time you sync the iPhone because it does a full backup. Annoying!

I hope this kind of stuff does not become a trend and that they are able to release an update soon to fix all of these problems.

This is certainly not good publicity for the company.

10. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I went to that store once before they built the one in Buford. I HATED that Apple Store because it was nothing but parents and kids looking at iPods. This was a couple of years ago, before the iPhone. Perimeter isn't exactly convenient for me, but I wanted to check out an Apple Store. Yuck.

The one at the Mall of Georgia seems a lot better. Many fewer people oohing and aahing over the iPods. Maybe they figured out that every Best Buy, Circuit City, Wal-Mart, Target, etc. etc. etc. sells them and so to not bug us serious Mac people. :) I think the Mall of Georgia also has wider aisles and a bigger store, so that probably makes it better as well.

11. ziggo thread starter macrumors 6502

ziggo

You should go back and take a look. I didn't think to take any pics or anything but I've worked at Best for three years and the ONLY time I've ever seen anything like this is the night before Black Friday, and still it's usually not that chaotic looking.

Apple REALLY dropped the ball with the "instore activation" thing. I mean I understand the whole "jailbreaking" scare but it isn't worth all this ruckus..

12. gcmexico macrumors 6502a

gcmexico

5th avenue store was OUT OF CONTROL!! got there at 6:00 pm (yes I know it's late!!) did not leave with my fon till 12:15 am!!!! ALMOST 6 hours (and by the way no one left the line, everyone was there for the fon no matter what) Yes, it's only a fon, but once you're on the line, u just can't leave because if you leave without the fon, you'll tell urself, damn I just spent 2hrs of my life and got NOTHING!!...I know I waited 6hrs, but at least I got the fon! When I left, the line was still around the block, I bet there is still a line...I have never seen or experienced anything like this...can anyone think of anything that would make people wait 6hrs for??? I can't think of anything, yesterday was just out of control, I almost puked on that damn line, waiting so long!!!:eek:

13. PcEhAoCsE macrumors newbie

Apple Store in Lenox was extremely long on both Friday and Saturday. Either they also received a shipment in the morning of Saturday, or they just received an extremely HUGE amount of initial iPhones, because none were sold out as of yet as far as I know.