Apple Store - iPad2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JUiCEJamie, Mar 24, 2011.

1. JUiCEJamie macrumors 6502a

JUiCEJamie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Hi Guys,

A quick question? I might be being a little greedy here but...

I'm queuing up tomorrow in Manchester Arndale for the iPad2. But, I was thinking, should I pre-order tonight at 1am online.
    Then try and get an iPad2 I store tomorrow? If I do, cancel my online purchase?

Will Apple take 2 payments? Would you recommend this?

Have a nice day everyone!

2. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

That is what I did here in the US. Used my online order as backup (and the one I eventually ended up getting). You have until it ships to cancel your order. If it does ship, then you would have to return one which is also a simple process with no charge to you.

3. foranor macrumors regular

That seems to be what a lot of US-people do and did.
    If you manage to score one in a store, cancel online-order, otherwise wait for delivery.
    Apple (allegedly) charges creditcards only once shipping begins.

4. Steelers7510 macrumors 6502

Steelers7510

The benefit of ordering online is that you KNOW eventually you will get the EXACT model that you want. That is what I did.

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Yep, I ordered online but got one from a 3rd party much quicker at only a $100 over retail, well worht it. Mine arrives from the online store today and I already have the return lables printed to return it to Apple for full credit! A nice 64gb ATT unit in black ready for sale.:cool:

6. jddar macrumors regular

jddar

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I did this. After going to my local Apple Retail Store every day for over a week, I still don't have an iPad 2. Finally, I just gave up on the Apple Retail Store and I'm waiting on the one ordered from Apple.com.

7. JUiCEJamie thread starter macrumors 6502a

JUiCEJamie

Fantastic! I think I might just do that then.
    This is only my 2nd or 3rd post here, you guys seem really great!
    Thanks very much!

8. jaav88 macrumors member

I am planning to do that too... I just hope that the delivery is not within 24h... well if it's that fast I will just simply won't bother to go to the shops :D