Apple Store iPhone 4 Preferred Waiting List

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by candyman, Jul 28, 2010.

1. candyman macrumors regular

I have seen many people post wait times when having ordered off of Apple's website or through an AT&T store.

I'm curious how long it took for people to get their phones from going into an Apple Store after having being put on their "Preferred Wait List."

We have 5 Apple Stores in the Phoenix Metro, none selling to walk-ins this past weekend.

I put my name on at the closest Apple Store near me (San Tan Village) on Saturday for a 32GB and was told it should be in within 3-5 days. Is this the norm?

When I walked into the AT&T store nearby after, they told me they would have it within 3 days. I didn't sign up through them thinking the Apple Store might have gotten stock in sooner than that as the employee who helped me out said the 32GB were easier to get a hold of.

Just curious of your experiences with going directly through an Apple retail store.

2. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

It all depends on how much foot traffic a particular store receives. I reserved Saturday and got my 32GB today. They stopped taking reservations on Sunday so I think you'll get your filled before the week is over.

3. jrock2004 macrumors 6502

It took mine 2 weeks. I was amazed since it would have taken a month if I ordered it online.