Apple Store iPhone 4 Preferred Waiting List

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by candyman, Jul 28, 2010.

1. candyman macrumors regular

Aug 1, 2007
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I have seen many people post wait times when having ordered off of Apple's website or through an AT&T store.

I'm curious how long it took for people to get their phones from going into an Apple Store after having being put on their "Preferred Wait List."

We have 5 Apple Stores in the Phoenix Metro, none selling to walk-ins this past weekend.

I put my name on at the closest Apple Store near me (San Tan Village) on Saturday for a 32GB and was told it should be in within 3-5 days. Is this the norm?

When I walked into the AT&T store nearby after, they told me they would have it within 3 days. I didn't sign up through them thinking the Apple Store might have gotten stock in sooner than that as the employee who helped me out said the 32GB were easier to get a hold of.

Just curious of your experiences with going directly through an Apple retail store.
  2. aforty macrumors 65816

Nov 27, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    It all depends on how much foot traffic a particular store receives. I reserved Saturday and got my 32GB today. They stopped taking reservations on Sunday so I think you'll get your filled before the week is over.
  3. jrock2004 macrumors 6502

May 4, 2008
    It took mine 2 weeks. I was amazed since it would have taken a month if I ordered it online.