Apple Store iPhone 5S: New or refurbished ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anonyme, Jan 18, 2014.

1. anonyme macrumors newbie

Hello everyone ! :)

I have a simple question which is: Do refurbished iPhone 5S exist and Do Apple exchange iPhone 5S with refurbished ? If so, what were the iPhone exchanged 2 or 3 weeks after iPhone's lauch ?

Thank you.

2. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

depends on how many have been returned and refurbished, I'm guessing in the first couple weeks they were still new, by now refurbished iPhones should be out.

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

More like first couple months.

4. itjw macrumors 65816

Months? LMAO

It's the most returned phone in the WORLD. Between OCD scuffs, screen tints, rattling buttons, phantom touch ID issues... And that's just the silly stuff. Throw in the real problematic phones and whoa. Tons to refurb literally from launch weekend alone.

You folks who think it takes the richest manufacturer in the world more than a few weeks to refurb their #1 cash cow when they literally have NO reason not to and every incentive TO are funny though.

Probably still think McDonalds slaughters the cow out back or something... Inefficient much???

It's not like Apple just started doing this. They've been refurbing forever. And have piles and piles of stock to do so with. They aren't just collecting them for sentimental reasons.

It's refurb. Has been for a LONG time now. Don't want one? Better swap it launch weekend. Any longer than that and the odds decrease daily.

Apple fanboys give Apple far too little credit.

:apple:

5. Mrfatboy macrumors 6502

I got a refurbed 5s when my launch day 5s died 6 weeks later.

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Rather than pull things out of your bottom, how about some real world experience? Back then when it was easier to discriminate between new and refurb iPhone 4 (number starting with 7 or 8 vs 5), the first refurb came out the beginning of August (release date was late June). Two weeks is a little too optimistic for refurbishing.