Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joelhousman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2014
Does anyone have any idea how often Apple Stores are getting new iPhone 6 shipments in? I have read rumors that the factory was making 400k iPhone 6s and 140k iPhone 6 Pluses each day, so the 6 Plus is of course supply restrained. For various reason I was unable to pre-order or stand in line on opening day to get my iPhone 6 Plus. I am now able to purchase it and am undecided of whether I should keep checking the Apple Store inventory via store.apple.com each day to attempt to reserve one for pickup or if I should just order mine via the website and hope it arrives soon.

Does anyone know if new iPhone 6 Pluses are arriving to be sold at the Apple Stores once a week? every day? once every few weeks? Also, if a store gets a new shipment in, will they show up on the website to reserve immediately? Every day at a certain time? I'm just trying to find out how often I should check and when I should check for new inventory.

Thanks for any info you're able to provide.

Saralee1323

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
Not sure on all of that but I wanna know what the estimated shipping date if you order right now with Apple.

Glene

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2014
Ft Lauderdale
Start looking every nite at 3-4 am at your stores you choose
I found my phone at local store, 2 hours later they had
none to pickup. 6 plus 64

Saralee1323

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
Just go on the website and choose a model and it will tell you. Most 6's ship in 7-10 days, 6 plus in 3-4 weeks.

Yea, I was hoping for specific dates people are getting, along with it anyone is getting anything earlier.

Really?! 3-4 AM? That early?!

joelhousman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2014

Thanks. Good to know. Will start trying this tonight.

dacreativeguy

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2007
I went to Valley Fair at 5:30PM on Saturday night and was shocked to see the whole mall packed just because of the iPhone! The Apple Store was packed to capacity, but not chaotic at all. They do a good job of crowd control.

I asked the guy helping me if they even had any left for the day and he said the trucks come all day long. Much different than a few years ago when they just delivered in the middle of the night and sold out immediately when the store opened.

joelhousman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2014
I went to Valley Fair at 5:30PM on Saturday night and was shocked to see the whole mall packed just because of the iPhone! The Apple Store was packed to capacity, but not chaotic at all. They do a good job of crowd control.

I asked the guy helping me if they even had any left for the day and he said the trucks come all day long. Much different than a few years ago when they just delivered in the middle of the night and sold out immediately when the store opened.

Good to know, thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.