Apple store iphones don't get discount with AT&T contract

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BiomaxDDS, Jun 15, 2010.

1. BiomaxDDS macrumors regular

just got off the phone with Apple Store The Grove (in LA)
    the lady told me, just because I have a reservation for the phone, it doesn't guarantee me from getting the phone. I'd still have to go wait in the line. Even the people that don't have the reservation could be in front of me as long as they get there earlier than me.

AND, according to that "genius", Apple store don't not give you discount on iphones even with you are suppose to get it with early upgrade. So, if you want to get an iphone from the store, you are paying full price.

TELL ME SHE IS THE RETARDED ONE, NOT ME :mad:

2. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

She's an idiot. I preordered mine from Apple's website for $199. Also, I'm pretty sure if you reserve it for in-store pickup, they hold it for you for the day. If you don't pick up on the 24th, they can sell it the next day to the first person who asks for one.

3. plusonechoi macrumors member

im really hoping they have a separate line for people that already reserved.

4. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

This thread is fail, why bother posting this garbage?

5. g8rdmd macrumors member

Apple store here in Charlotte said the same thing--if you "reserve" one, you have to camp out and wait in line with everyone else. If you "pre-order" one and have it shipped to your house, you get it on 6/24 without having to leave your house.

Thing is, good luck getting the websites to work :rolleyes: :mad:

My wife just got back from the local AT&T store and pre-ordered 2 phones. They will be shipped to my house and arrive on 6/24. The whole process took her 5 minutes. :cool:

6. BiomaxDDS thread starter macrumors regular

to see if anyone else is getting the same thing from apple stores?
    why are you so angry anyways

7. BiomaxDDS thread starter macrumors regular

I canceled my order and ordered with AT&T. at this point, i don't really care when I get it anymore. I'm not gonna go camp outside of apple store to get my "reserved" phone