Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iTouch.lover22

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 30, 2009
Hi everyone, I'm not quite sure if this is the right section to go in, but I couldn't find anywhere else to put this. Sorry if it's in the wrong place!

So I want to do the deal where you trade in an old non-shuffle iPod to receive 10% off a new iPod purchase. Has anyone done this before? I'm not quite sure about the details. Does the iPod have to be functioning or can it be broken? Can it be any model and generation of iPod as long as it's not a shuffle? Does it matter if the moisture seal has gone off or not? Thanks guys!

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
Don't quote me on this but I don't believe it needs to function--either way they all end up going through the refurb process so I don't think it matters.:)

cRuNcHiE

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2007
Sweet! Didn't realise you could do this in the UK as well.

You can pickup plenty of old junk mobiles for 50p to £1 at car boot sales and trade them in on this to save 10% , nice!

rw3

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2008
DFW, TX
Any condition...DOES NOT HAVE TO POWER ON or BE ABLE TO BE USED. Water damage is okay as well...

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
Can you bring in multiple old ipods and combine them (say 3 ipods for 30% off a new one)?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.