Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carrerascott

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2009
Guess I'm glad I woke up at 3:30am (east coast) and ordered, mine says Delivers January (which I expect to be late January).

6 Core
12GB RAM (will upgrade on my own)
1TB
D700s

Spinland

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2011
Utica, NY, USA
Guess I'm glad I woke up at 3:30am (east coast) and ordered, mine says Delivers January (which I expect to be late January).

Ditto. I knew these were going to sell out fast so I was up at 3AM Eastern refreshing the screen until the store opened up. I have an estimated January ship time.

carrerascott

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2009
I'm waiting...Apple really screwed up the launch.

How so?

This isn't a mass produced item like an iPod. Most posters yesterday expected shipping in February. Looks like some lucky folks will get theres before 2014. BTO will get them in January.

wildmac

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2003
How so?

This isn't a mass produced item like an iPod. Most posters yesterday expected shipping in February. Looks like some lucky folks will get theres before 2014. BTO will get them in March.

Fixed for anyone who hasn't ordered yet. ;)

mintakax

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2013

6 Core
12GB RAM (will upgrade on my own)
1TB
D700s

Same here. I set my alarm, woke up, ordered. My order says January shipping.
8 core
32gb ram
1TB

jondunford

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2013
Going for a poo Moderator
people wanted their computers to be made in america by workers working 8 hour days with an hour for lunch and now they got this they complain about them being produced slower than they were in china by people working 14 hour days

VirtualRain

macrumors 603
Aug 1, 2008
Vancouver, BC
im guessing stock models will be available in store on the 30th

The funny thing is, I just went across the street to my local Apple store, and they still have the old cheese grater Mac Pro on display... that they've had for there for months. Bizarre. I guess they don't sell a lot of these at retail, otherwise a staff member might have noticed it was discontinued.

If it wasn't so busy, I would have asked someone about it.

FredT2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2009
The funny thing is, I just went across the street to my local Apple store, and they still have the old cheese grater Mac Pro on display... that they've had for there for months. Bizarre. I guess they don't sell a lot of these at retail, otherwise a staff member might have noticed it was discontinued.

If it wasn't so busy, I would have asked someone about it.
Same at my store! I was really surprised by that. It's not up to Apple's typical attention to detail.

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
Same at my store! I was really surprised by that. It's not up to Apple's typical attention to detail.

Pretty typical. When the redesigned iMac came out in 2012, the Apple stores around here had the 2011 model in the stores for at least 4 days. I see this with all Macs. It took them about 2 weeks to get a retina Macbook pro in the store when it first came out in 2012.

Rich.Cohen

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2013
Washington DC
people wanted their computers to be made in america by workers working 8 hour days with an hour for lunch and now they got this they complain about them being produced slower than they were in china by people working 14 hour days

And you know for sure that's the reason, because?

----------

What are you waiting for?

What should companies do? I am curious to hear the opinions of successful CEOs, such as yourself, about how to "not screw up a launch".

I'm sure President Obama would like to know too.

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
I got a question.
People who ordered within availability of Jaunary, do their orders now aswell show February?

Mine still shows "Available to ship: January." Purchased at 6:00 Eastern Time, Canadian store.

And my memory from Crucial has already shipped. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.