Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikelong622

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 29, 2006
St. Paul, Minnesota
So I've brought my MBP in 3 or 4 times now due to the noises it has been making. There is this really high pitched whining noise coming from the left side of the keyboard. I brought it into the apple store once and they said they would replace the logic board. I got it back and it seemed to go away for a couple months but now it is back again. They said there's not much more that they can do to help so maybe one of you will know what to do.

smueboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2006
Oz
They should keep replacing things until they fix it!!

If the Apple store near you are not helping, then speak to Apple Care (polite but firm) - they should give you shipping to them to fix it (I assume it's still under warranty?). Make sure you explain the history of your problem, and if the person is not helpful request a manager (again, politely :) ).

good luck

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
ask them to replace a machine. tell them it might not seem significant in the store (do they keep telling you it's within specification?), but when you are working in a quiet environment, it's REALLY annoying. be firm, speak to the manager if the genius does not have the authority to replace.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.