Apple Store Launch Day

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Macnificant, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Macnificant macrumors 6502a

How does Apple Store run their launch day sales? Do you line up all night long still? The Apple Store in Buffalo, NY is in a mall and no access from the street so I don't see them letting people being in the mall all night long. I usually preorder online but want to try something different this year.

2. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Mall stores by me have a place picked out outside the mall for overnight lines. Then they let the line move In once the mall opens early for mall workers.

3. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

Malls will let you in early, but no one is allowed to camp overnight. The last launch I went to, I got there at 6 am and there was already a line.

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Malls here have police officers shooing people away. They do not allow lines until something like 6 am. Then it's a mad rush to the line. And then the Apple employees may arbitrarily pick a front of the line if the crowd is unruly. Long story short it's handled poorly around here. My cheap self went to NH to avoid taxes. Never again lol.

I highly recommend asking the actual store. The policy may be different depending on the mall. When we lived in Iowa there was no issue standing outside the mall overnight. There was an official entrance designated for the line. Around 6am they let everyone in and even had donuts, juice, and water for people. New Englanders dgaf about anyone lol.