Apple Store leaks Canada launch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nimiety, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Nimiety macrumors regular

The official Apple store has unveiled the holiday gift guide in two versions, surprisingly. One, the official one that can be seen when browsed normally, and the other linked below:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/canadastore.woa/wa/RSLID?nnmm=browse&mco=EE6A9B45&node=campaigns/holiday/iphone

What's the difference? The addition of "iPhone Gifts" on the upper right menu beside "iPod Gifts" and "Mac Gifts", and a nice, pretty floating image of an iPhone. This second version, presumably a template only as there are no prices for any items, seems built and set to switch in as soon as an official announcement is made between Rogers and Apple about the iPhone, and indicates that a pre-Christmas launch is anticipated.

Good news for all those above the 49th that are looking to have their cake and eat it too, while using Visual Voicemail...

N...

2. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
  3. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

good find!!
    but it doesn't say the price
    post this too macrumors
    it also doesn't link to anywhere and i think on the photo it says O2-UK

4. thefunkymunky macrumors 65816

Screenie just in case it gets taken down.

Attached Files:

5. Nimiety thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks Funky! That is great.

So the source is legitimate as can be, being on Apple's own website. The timing is clear, since it's part of the holiday gift guide. The content is clear, since it is the iphone with a whole range of iphonelicious accessories. The target is clear, since this is the Canadian part of the store (check the page title).

This is possibly the most concrete bit of information to get me feeling giddy. Two problems then are left - I need to get my long underwear out for the wait in line outside when it's due (because it's suuure to be cold), and I mistyped "above the 49th".

:)

6. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

Add .woa/wa/RSLID?nnmm=browse&mco=EE6A9B45&node=campaigns/holiday/iphone to any countries Apple online store and you'll get the same graphics with no prices. So unless your thinking they're going to launch in all countries for Christmas... it's just an error that it works for every store :p

Note, I don't doubt that Canada will get an iPhone eventually.

7. Hustle macrumors 6502a

I'd believe it if it didn't say 02 UK on the iPhone. :p

8. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

I thought it said at&t but I didn't look too closely.

9. Nimiety thread starter macrumors regular

I am now shockingly depressed, if this indeed the case. Sigh.

10. The Stig macrumors 6502a

The Stig

If you open both website the US and the temp Canadian one the picture of the iPhone is the same. I don't think it is meant to say anything for the service AT&T or Rogers or O2. It is the way the company make it so you can't read it. It is just fake filler text to give the look.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...se&mco=AF8E4CF9&node=campaigns/holiday/iphone

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...se&mco=EE6A9B45&node=campaigns/holiday/iphone

there are the two websites. Open them up in tabs and can switch back and forth. The picture is the same.

Also. I don't think this confirms it is true. Apple does sometimes just copy website and other things as templates and puts them everywhere just because it is easier than excluding things. If you find it on the Canadian French website I'd be more impressed but not 100% convince. Remember last rumour when the Apple Store in TO was giving a iPhone workshop. It was just copied from all the other stores. I wouldn't be surprised if that is all this is too.

The Stig

11. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

LOL... poor mounties... Im feelin' for ya guys eh....

12. Nimiety thread starter macrumors regular

I did check a few other country websites and couldn't replicate the page, however, I am still unsurmountably glum right now.

I was thinking that 1.1.2 was timed to make this work - with Canada being a legally bilingual country, any product would have to have a french version made available, and I thought that this one of many bells tolling at the same time for good news.

Again, sigh.