Apple Store Light Up Logo Sign

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by cjb2m5, May 19, 2011.

1. cjb2m5 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know who makes the light up apple logo signs seen at the retail stores?
    Also, I think I remember seeing a smaller Christmas Tree topper version one year around the holidays.
    But I've never been able to find a photo of the christmas tree topper online

Anyone know how I can get a hold of one?
    would love to have it on display in my office
    I keep searching ebay but never find anything.

[​IMG]

2. gkarris, May 19, 2011
    Last edited: May 19, 2011

gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Probably not - usually they are made by a company that agrees to never make and sell them to the public...

3. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

I doubt it, because Apple only has those made for their own stores, and I suspect that they will never ever ever sell them, so your only hope would be finding a company that will recreate it as a bespoke piece (The original makers won't ever do it as they'll have an agreement not too, and in many cases I doubt anyone else would either, as its a trademarked logo).

4. ddeadserious, May 21, 2011
    Last edited: May 30, 2011

ddeadserious macrumors 6502a

ddeadserious

Although I'm sure it wouldn't be cheap, I'm sure there are sign shops that would do this for you if you went in telling them exactly what you want.

Most sign shops(around here anyways) are small businesses with just regular dudes working there, I'm sure if you went it and just explained that you were looking to replicate something because you're an enthusiast or collector and it wasn't meant for anything commercial, you could probably find someone to do it.

I work at a screenprinting shop, and if a customer wanted to make a small order of Apple replica shirts, we'd probably do it, assuming they weren't for resale. That's the beauty of small businesses is that they gain very little attention for small things like that.