Apple store line policy - 2 iphones, same account, new customers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spiderhole, Jul 16, 2008.

1. spiderhole macrumors member

Can anyone confirm if Apples stores are NOT allowing one person in line to purchase two iphones if they are for the same account (family plan) and we are NOT currently at&t wireless customers? I was told from a few different sources that we would both have to wait in line, but someone I know was able to purchase two (one for his wife, one for him) on Saturday. However, they were current at&t account holders.

It's really difficult to coordinate with my wife to wait in line for hour on end, which is the main reason I've not been able to get ours yet. If its possible for me to get both phones by myself it would be a huge help. Thanks for any info.

2. newyorksole macrumors 68020

I don't know about your situation, but does anyone think that if I wait in line until the Apple Store opens that when I'm almost in my parent can just hop on line with me? Cuz I don't wanna have her waiting on line when she can just rest in the car until I'm almost ready to get the phone. And I'm just getting 1 iPhone.

3. Mike2128 macrumors 6502

My buddy that I went with got 2 on release morning. 1 for him and 1 for his wife.

4. spiderhole thread starter macrumors member

Was he a current ATT customer, or switching from another carrier? Was this at the apple store or att store? Thanks.

5. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Unless they changed it due to stock issues, Apple's policy is a single account holder can purchase up to 5 phones on a family plan (new or current customer, doesn't matter). AT&T's policy is 1 per person. On launch day I saw a guy walk out with a bag full of phones and he was by himself.

6. spiderhole thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the info. makes things easier for sure. too bad apple store told me otherwise when i called day before lauch!

7. Mike2128 macrumors 6502

New to at&t, switching from Verizon/Sprint. Apple store.

8. spiderhole thread starter macrumors member

Sweeeeet. I hit the Glendale Galleria Apple Store after work and got the very last black 16gb in stock (plus the white for my wife)! Going solo made things a lot easier.