Apple store lines last how long normally?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AmexGG, Nov 2, 2017.

1. AmexGG macrumors regular

AmexGG

If I decide I don't want to keep my iPhones and want to return them right away. If I go back to the mall at 9 or 10 will the store still be crazy busy? I've never been near an Apple store during a launch day before. Southern California if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance

2. brandonnnnnnn macrumors member

Someone please let me know the same. I’m in So Cal too. Need to make some iPhone x case returns. Hope the lines aren’t crazy just for returns.

3. rittchard macrumors 6502

Seriously? I don't know about other SoCal stores, but the Manhattan Beach one is busy enough on a normal day that I'd avoid it if I could. When I went to pick up my watch I waited like 15 minutes for them to look for a bag, only to find out they had run out of them lol. And back in the days of the original iPhone launch, you could barely find parking let alone get into the store. They try to keep other transactions in a separate queue from the iPhone, but even then it will likely be chaotic.

Unless you love huge crowds, lines and/or the sheer spectacle, I'd avoid the store altogether for a day or two, or at least wait til evening when they've run out of phones and it's calmed down.

4. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

There is no "normally". Every launch is different.

I've been in massive lines that moved faster than a shorter line at the next launch, due to activation server issues.

There were big lines for the 6/6+. Small ones for the 6S/+.

Expect the X to mirror other major iPhone design change launches.

5. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

6. AmexGG thread starter macrumors regular

AmexGG

Are people making crazy offers as people leave the store with a bag full of phones on launch day?

7. FoxD macrumors 6502a

Usually 100-200 people no days. I remember when the 4 was released, the line went around the entire mall, thousands of people. Got pics somewhere. It was unreal.