apple store lines next week?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dragonslayer458, Jul 17, 2008.

1. dragonslayer458 macrumors member

dragonslayer458

How will the apple store lines look next week? Just in general, will there still be lines and hardly any stock. It looks like stock for the different apple stores changes everyday, i'm just hoping that it everyone won't still be waiting in line when i go...

2. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Judging from last year (which is probably not wise to do), I walked into an Apple Store about 2-3 weeks after release and got their last 4 GB (they were out of 8 GB).

I'd say the best advice is to wait as long as you humanly can if you're not wanting to wait in lines.

3. dragonslayer458 thread starter macrumors member

dragonslayer458

i thought of that, but it looks like they are restocking pretty quick. (The apple store near me was out last night and i checked this morning and they had two models in) so I was hoping that next week it would be calmed down

4. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Aside from opening Friday, there really were not lines for the original iPhone. This is much different with lines lasting this long who knows how much longer they will exist.

5. chewietobbacca macrumors 6502

Well the previous release allowed you to activate at home whereas this one requires you to activate in store so that's where a lot of the delays are coming from

6. dragonslayer458 thread starter macrumors member

dragonslayer458

thats what i'm worried about. not so much about them having stock or not, it seems to change overnight..

7. jakeacc macrumors regular

Doesn't seem to me that they are restocking quickly. Black 16 GB iPhones sold out in some stores on Saturday and have yet to be restocked.

8. dragonslayer458 thread starter macrumors member

dragonslayer458

the white ones seem to last longer though. (the one i want)