Apple store lines

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gooberton, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Gooberton macrumors 65816

There's gotta be people lined up at apple stores already.. Anyone have pictures??

2. davefromca macrumors 6502

Much like 2012, for fun i am going to drive past the stores. Whoever has the longestine i am going to call the police and say people are using drugs in public and ruin it for everyone.

3. lysola macrumors member

I think the lines and pictures are going to start tomorrow afternoon. I used to work across from one in a major city and the line would usually start around noon or a little later of the day before. Maybe in NY or the biggest cities around, but I think it's a little early yet.

4. Gooberton thread starter macrumors 65816

I would go now if I didn't have a preorder.

Didn't people line up like last week in NYC?

5. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Most stores that are not flagships have lines that start around the night to midnight Thursday.

6. Gooberton thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm excited for these pics. And to get my preorder in king of Prussia mall apple store in PA

7. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Are people already lining up at Apple stores outside of the big cities? I'm glad I preordered!

Sending good luck to those braving those lines this Friday!

8. Gooberton thread starter macrumors 65816

I bet by midnighy tommotrow lines will be 30-40 deep

9. geoff5093 macrumors 68020

geoff5093

In one of the iPhone 6 reviews that came out today, they were filming the guy walking around NYC with his iPhone 6 and they walked by the Apple Store. So many people camping out with tarps over them.

10. EJ8 macrumors 6502a

EJ8

I was at an Atlanta store an hour ago and there was no one in line.

11. erikjc macrumors member

Aren't a lot of them "professional" line-waiters? They have sponsors and everything, if I recall. I haven't been by the stores this week, but I doubt there are many normal people in line yet.

12. normanfox macrumors 6502a

in a few months, the market will be flooded with iphone 6. It is not like the Wii a few years back when the short supply remained for years.

13. KieranDotW macrumors 6502a

Definitely, probably closer to 100.

Two in line in Berkeley around 2:00PM today.

14. MisterMankind, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2014

MisterMankind macrumors newbie

Seems like people are lining up earlier than ever around the globe... at least that's obviously the case in Germany. There are already some guys sitting around at the flagship stores in Hamburg and Berlin (about ten each, at least), and for cologne it's reported that there are already 50-100 people waiting. Makes sense in a way, as this is the closest Apple Store to the Netherlands and the new iPhone isn't released on 19th there, so obviously a lot of people are coming over the border to secure their device.
    It really gets crazier every year. I remember when there where already about 100 people in line in Hamburg when I got there at 1:00 am on release day for the iPhone 5 release (and I thought that was a lot, went up to about 2000 by the time they opened), but from what I see now in European newspapers, the lines will get even sicker this year - I would've thought it would be the other way around, as we have the preorder option for in-store-pickup the first time this year here in Germany - but that obviously doesn't stop people that weren't able to make a reservation to line up two days before release.

That being said, I hope I will be able to pick up my phone on Friday without having to wait that long, as I have reserved an iPhone 6 64gb in silver for in-store-pickup between 8 and 9 am - at least the line should be tremendously shorter than the one for walk-in purchases.

also, a little offtopic directed at all you US-americans: I really feel sorry for all you, as your carrier conditions seem very tight. Here in Germany it's no problem to pick up an unlocked, contract free iPhone on release day, and it's been like that since at least iPhone 4, probably even earlier (though I remember the original iPhone was only available here with carrier lock as well)

15. aham23 macrumors regular

noon today, in downtown Naperville IL, which is a town of 100k plus 30 miles from Chicago and one of a handful of Apple store fronts in Chicagoland had zero line upers.

16. DMP87 macrumors member

Which store? I'm thinking of lining up at the perimeter mall location.

17. Gooberton thread starter macrumors 65816

This is gonna be good! Please pics tommorrow guys if your around a store

18. Gooberton thread starter macrumors 65816

19. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

I will be picking up mine from the naperville store!

20. aham23 macrumors regular

awesome. me too, but not tomorrow as i missed out on the pre order. sad face over here.