Apple Store LIVERPOOL

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mkjj, May 29, 2008.

1. mkjj macrumors 6502a

mkjj

2. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

3. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

Liverpool is lucky, Belfast store not opening until August (I think) .. :(

4. alFR macrumors 68020

5. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

Yeah my brother is applying for a job there. Does anyone else think that the system is crap?? You don't get any emails even confirming that you have applied for a job!

6. mkjj thread starter macrumors 6502a

mkjj

You do if your successful.

Just been down to the scheme, now open. New closer pics of the store posted on previous link, looks like we won't have long to wait

7. Mikey- macrumors regular

Woo! Can't wait untill it opens. When I leave school that will be my first job.

Oh cool and its right next to the new John Lewis store, I'm going there today

8. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

from the second one, even the police are interested in the opening of the Apple store.

9. alFR macrumors 68020

They're probably going to be there permanently arresting would-be shoplifters. :)

10. mkjj thread starter macrumors 6502a

mkjj

Now, now Calm Down! (need to be from UK to get that one!) :D

no official date just yet but late summer I would think

11. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

That part of Liverpool is actually quite nice. Most of the scum move to other areas like Croxteth and many go to North Wales where house prices are cheaper. It would be nice to see the Apple store in the really posh and expensive shopping centre though (can't remember the name of it), it would be more exclusive and they would probably attract more of the people that they want

12. Mikey- macrumors regular

Met Quaters?

13. bov macrumors 6502

doesnt that seem like an awfully small Apple Store? unless they take over that Aldo, it seems much smaller than all the rest of the stores

14. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

It's not really smaller than the one in Manchester (Trafford Centre)

15. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

Probably, it has the fossil shop and i think Armani in it amongst others

16. mkjj thread starter macrumors 6502a

mkjj

local press confirms it will be a two storey store

17. mkjj thread starter macrumors 6502a

mkjj

18. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

Had a peek in the other day while there was a building going on inside they had the front doors open. No sign of it being a two story store, unless one of the stories is the stock room. ( Like Manchester Trafford Centre)

19. iZac macrumors 68000

iZac

To the best of my knowledge, the Liverpool Apple Store will be opening in September, and definitely not ready for the July iPhone launch. Id love to be wrong though!

It will be a two story store, which will pretty much resemble the Apple Store in Exeter, with the same glass facade. The trouble is, the shop unit is not parallel to Paradise Street, so the mezzanine is going to look wonkey against the glass facade. The problem with the fit-out seems to be the glass staircase which is being shipped from the US and is slowing progress. Also the fact that Liverpudlian contractors are bone idle ;) (i jest, i jest!)

I cant wait for the store to open up though!

20. Detig macrumors newbie

Indeed Liverpudlian contractors seem well relaxed while the store magically builds itself up as you can see in some recent (two week old) shots I have put up in my blog.

They were probably soaking up the (rare) liverpudleeheian sun! :D

Nice info on the glass staircase though.

21. iZac macrumors 68000

iZac

Oh, perhaps i will have to eat my words, walking home from work today i noticed the plywood painted hoarding is being taken down from the shop, replaced with that sticky blackout plastic over the glass facade and a proud 1.6m tall apple logo also sitting behind that same black plastic. things must be motoring along behind that facade.

Tomorrow i will definitely see if i can find a more accurate date for the opening of our little slice of mecca.

EDIT: Well, shut my mouth ... Ive now been told by the powers that be, that Apple are on schedule for a July 4th opening. I don't know if i quite believe it yet, but last night more glass was going in, probably an internal balustrade and i know the internal walls are nearly there.

bear in mind im not pretending to have some amazing inside knowledge, i just keep pestering my boss for info :p

22. mkjj thread starter macrumors 6502a

mkjj

Just passed the store and builders are still in full swing so opening this Friday is not on the cards, by the look of the store, July 11th looks doubtful.

As you won't be able to buy an upgrade to the iPhone in the UK stores maybe Apple are not that bothered to open by the 11th? Seems PAYG maybe available after the launch and not on G Day!

23. Mikey- macrumors regular

Just got an email from Apple saying it opens on the 26th July and 9:00am.

It also says you can enter a competition to win a Mac and loads of accessories to go with it and if you're one of the first 1,000 visitors you'll get a free Apple T-Shirt.

24. thecritix macrumors 6502

Hope they're gonna have extra security on the door... can just imagine all the teenage mums and local thugs wearing football shirts going in to there to take their photo (or should i say mugshot) on photobooth.

I'd be interested to know the theft rate.

Mind you, lakeside is pretty awful, I go to Bluewater now just to avoid the lowlife.

Nick

25. mkjj thread starter macrumors 6502a

mkjj

Bit stereotypical & harsh that Nick!

Shell suits are optional dress.:)

Just going down to have a look now, not seen it for a few days.