Apple Store London - Regents Street

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by preset, Feb 5, 2008.

1. preset macrumors newbie

popped into the London shop yesterday around noon, to check out the MBP, had a quick scan of MacRumors Forum whilst there (as was the customer next to me was doing ;)).

Then asked one the Apple Store assistants (small, cocky, 20something, bearded chap) if they had or anyone had any ideas about future roadmap for the MBP in terms of chip upgrades.

He refused to discuss it and blankly said that no one here knows anything about any future changes. Very curt and abrupt, no real courtesy. Won't be visiting there again, will do all my business with Apple on-line in future.

Is this Apple Store policy in London, or was this dude some dumb-ass, who does not believe in customer service and politeness.

2. MurphyM macrumors 6502

No excuse for not being polite. But I firmly believe the people in the stores can honestly say "I know what you know" when it comes to future products. Apple keeps them in the dark too.

3. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

I visit this store whenever in London and to be honest ive never had anyone
    be rude or impolite to me,maybe you got unlucky and caught some little
    pr**k on a off day

4. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

to be fair, he's only human and he's probably been asked 20,000 times this week already... lol :rolleyes:

staff have always seemed very friendly and helpful to me there when I have visited. Of course, they are sales people, so they don't know much and they want to sell you things, but apart from that, its always very pleasant!

5. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Agreed. In my experience, the staff at the Apple Store on Regent Street have been wonderfully helpful.

6. Vanilla macrumors 6502a

You asked him something that could very well lose him his job....I'd be pretty abrupt as well if I were him. For all he knows you could have been a reporter undercover etc.

IMO The store is great and the staff there are very helpful, always have been to myself anyway.
    Vanilla

7. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

I chat online to a guy who works in the regent street store.

He's a nice guy and very helpful most of the time, but like in this case, the moment you mention or ask anything about future products, he quickly shuts up, says "Not allowed to talk about it, even if I did know" or changes the subject.

These guys have contracts, though. If they tell you stuff then they could lose their jobs, so I see why the guy here didn't tell you... although no reason to be rude.

But this was mentioned in a thread elsewhere in this forum: An AT&T employee told his friend about iPhone stocking in their stores. Their friend went online and told Macrumors. The friend now has Interrogation Employees on his back, genuinely threatening him with stuff. Do you really think these "Kids" that work in the Apple store want to piss of their boss when this stuff could happen? Especially so early on in their lives, and low down on the career ladder in a potential future at Apple.

8. tomashi macrumors regular

Are you seriously asking if their store policy is to be rude, curt and stuck up?

9. RevolutionOne macrumors member

RevolutionOne

I used to work for an Apple store in the South East. We were told many, many times never to speculate and only state what was already known (or posted on apple.com)

I'm sure he didn't mean to be rude but it was always quite hard to answer questions such as 'when is the next update due..' etc etc.

And yes, Apple staff are a little paranoid about giving out information which could be false and lead to a complaint or get someones hopes up..

I loved speculating though, with help from macrumors of course :)